Through 3 Quarters
The Sacramento Kings were expected to take an ‘L’ in this one, but so far it isn’t playing out to script. It’s still tight after three quarters, with Sacramento leading 85-81 over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton has led the way so far for the Kings, as he has 24 points and seven assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Damian Jones’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Philadelphia has been led by center Joel Embiid, who so far has posted a double-double on 29 points and 11 rebounds in addition to five dimes.
This is the first time Sacramento has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past five games.
Sacramento @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Sacramento 18-32; Philadelphia 29-19
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings haven’t won a contest against the Philadelphia 76ers since Feb. 2 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Saturday. The Kings’ road trip will continue as they head to Wells Fargo Center at 7:30 p.m. ET to face off against Philadelphia. The Sixers will be strutting in after a victory while Sacramento will be stumbling in from a defeat.
On Wednesday, Sacramento lost to the Atlanta Hawks on the road by a decisive 121-104 margin. Sacramento was down 94-74 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by power forward Harrison Barnes, who had 28 points in addition to nine boards. Barnes’ performance made up for a slower game against the Boston Celtics on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia strolled past the Los Angeles Lakers with points to spare on Thursday, taking the matchup 105-87. The Sixers can attribute much of their success to power forward Tobias Harris, who had 23 points along with five rebounds, and center Joel Embiid, who had 26 points and seven assists in addition to nine boards.
The Kings have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 11.50 point spread they are up against. Now might not be the best time to take Sacramento against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Sacramento’s loss took them down to 18-32 while Philadelphia’s win pulled them up to 29-19. A win for Sacramento would reverse both their bad luck and Philadelphia’s good luck. We’ll see if Sacramento manages to pull off that tough task or if Philadelphia keeps their momentum going instead.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.00
The 76ers are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 10.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won eight out of their last 13 games against Sacramento.
- Nov 22, 2021 – Philadelphia 102 vs. Sacramento 94
- Mar 20, 2021 – Philadelphia 129 vs. Sacramento 105
- Feb 09, 2021 – Philadelphia 119 vs. Sacramento 111
- Mar 05, 2020 – Philadelphia 125 vs. Sacramento 108
- Nov 27, 2019 – Philadelphia 97 vs. Sacramento 91
- Mar 15, 2019 – Philadelphia 123 vs. Sacramento 114
- Feb 02, 2019 – Sacramento 115 vs. Philadelphia 108
- Dec 19, 2017 – Sacramento 101 vs. Philadelphia 95
- Nov 09, 2017 – Sacramento 109 vs. Philadelphia 108
- Jan 30, 2017 – Philadelphia 122 vs. Sacramento 119
- Dec 26, 2016 – Sacramento 102 vs. Philadelphia 100
- Feb 10, 2016 – Sacramento 114 vs. Philadelphia 110
- Dec 30, 2015 – Philadelphia 110 vs. Sacramento 105
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Shake Milton: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Chimezie Metu: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- De’Aaron Fox: Out (Ankle)
- Terence Davis: Out (Wrist)