New Orleans @ Chicago
Current Records: New Orleans 0-1; Chicago 1-0
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls will look to defend their home court Friday against the New Orleans Pelicans at 8 p.m. ET. If the game is anything like Chicago’s 128-124 win from their previous meeting in March, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Bulls didn’t have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 94-88 victory. Among those leading the charge for Chicago was Zach LaVine, who had 34 points in addition to seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 53-53 at halftime, but New Orleans was not quite the Philadelphia 76ers’ equal in the second half when they met on Wednesday. New Orleans has to be aching after a bruising 117-97 defeat to the Sixers. This contest was a close 53-53 at the break, but unfortunately for New Orleans it sure didn’t stay that way. Jonas Valanciunas had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 29 minutes but putting up just nine points on 3-for-19 shooting.
Chicago’s victory lifted them to 1-0 while New Orleans’ loss dropped them down to 0-1. If the Bulls want to win, they will need to focus on stopping the Pelicans’ Nickeil Alexander-Walker, who had 23 points along with five boards, and Devonte’ Graham, who had 18 points and five assists. We’ll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $52.95
The Bulls are a solid 7-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7-point spread, and stayed right there.
Chicago and New Orleans both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Chicago 128 vs. New Orleans 124
- Feb 10, 2021 – Chicago 129 vs. New Orleans 116
- Feb 06, 2020 – New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 119
- Jan 08, 2020 – New Orleans 123 vs. Chicago 108
- Feb 06, 2019 – New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 120
- Nov 07, 2018 – New Orleans 107 vs. Chicago 98
- Jan 22, 2018 – New Orleans 132 vs. Chicago 128
- Nov 04, 2017 – New Orleans 96 vs. Chicago 90
- Apr 02, 2017 – Chicago 117 vs. New Orleans 110
- Jan 14, 2017 – Chicago 107 vs. New Orleans 99
- Apr 11, 2016 – Chicago 121 vs. New Orleans 116
- Dec 12, 2015 – Chicago 98 vs. New Orleans 94