Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Boston Celtics and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Utah Jazz 93-68.
Small forward Jayson Tatum has led the way so far for the Celtics, as he has shot 5-for-8 from downtown and has recorded 26 points and four dimes. Shooting guard Donovan Mitchell has done his best for Utah, currently boasting 30 points (44% of their total) along with four rebounds. Mitchell’s night has made it four games in a row with at least 30 points.
Utah has lost 90% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Utah @ Boston
Current Records: Utah 45-27; Boston 45-28
What to Know
The Boston Celtics haven’t won a game against the Utah Jazz since Feb. 26 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. Boston will look to defend their home court against Utah at 7:30 p.m. ET. Averaging 127.33333333333333333333333333 points in their past three games, the Celtics’ high-powered offense has been in full-swing lately, so Utah better be ready for a challenge.
Boston was able to grind out a solid win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday, winning 132-123. Small forward Jayson Tatum continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, shooting 5-for-11 from downtown and finishing with 36 points, six assists and seven rebounds. The contest made it Tatum’s third in a row with at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, Utah came up short against the Brooklyn Nets on Monday, falling 114-106. The top scorer for the Jazz was shooting guard Donovan Mitchell (30 points). Donovan Mitchell’s night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
The Celtics are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Detroit Pistons Feb. 16 easily too and instead slipped up with a 112-111. In other words, don’t count Utah out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden — Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $40.00
The Celtics are a 4.5-point favorite against the Jazz, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Celtics slightly, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 6.5-point favorite.
Utah have won eight out of their last 13 games against Boston.
- Dec 03, 2021 – Utah 137 vs. Boston 130
- Mar 16, 2021 – Utah 117 vs. Boston 109
- Feb 09, 2021 – Utah 122 vs. Boston 108
- Mar 06, 2020 – Utah 99 vs. Boston 94
- Feb 26, 2020 – Boston 114 vs. Utah 103
- Nov 17, 2018 – Utah 98 vs. Boston 86
- Nov 09, 2018 – Utah 123 vs. Boston 115
- Mar 28, 2018 – Boston 97 vs. Utah 94
- Dec 15, 2017 – Utah 107 vs. Boston 95
- Feb 11, 2017 – Boston 112 vs. Utah 104
- Jan 03, 2017 – Boston 115 vs. Utah 104
- Feb 29, 2016 – Boston 100 vs. Utah 95
- Feb 19, 2016 – Utah 111 vs. Boston 93
Injury Report for Boston
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Utah
- Bojan Bogdanovic: Out (Calf)
- Danuel House Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)