Through 3 Quarters
The Boston Celtics are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Oklahoma City Thunder as Boston lead 89-74.
The Celtics have been led by point guard Dennis Schroder, who so far has 25 points and six assists along with four rebounds. Oklahoma City hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 13 points or fewer.
they have lost 80% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Oklahoma City @ Boston
Current Records: Oklahoma City 6-9; Boston 8-8
What to Know
The Boston Celtics and the Oklahoma City Thunder will face off at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 20 at TD Garden without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Celtics are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
Boston’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday was close at halftime, but Boston turned on the heat in the second half with 70 points. Boston blew past Los Angeles 130-108. The oddsmakers were on Boston’s side, but they didn’t give the team enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. Their small forward Jayson Tatum did his thing and posted a double-double on 37 points and 11 boards.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City came up short against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday, falling 96-89. Small forward Luguentz Dort had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with ten points on 4-for-13 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
The Celtics were close but no cigar when the two teams previously met in April as they fell 119-115 to OKC. Can Boston avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden — Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Celtics are a big 9-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Celtics slightly, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 10.5-point favorite.
Boston have won seven out of their last 12 games against Oklahoma City.
- Apr 27, 2021 – Oklahoma City 119 vs. Boston 115
- Mar 27, 2021 – Boston 111 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Mar 08, 2020 – Oklahoma City 105 vs. Boston 104
- Feb 09, 2020 – Boston 112 vs. Oklahoma City 111
- Feb 03, 2019 – Boston 134 vs. Oklahoma City 129
- Oct 25, 2018 – Boston 101 vs. Oklahoma City 95
- Mar 20, 2018 – Boston 100 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Nov 03, 2017 – Boston 101 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Dec 23, 2016 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Boston 112
- Dec 11, 2016 – Oklahoma City 99 vs. Boston 96
- Mar 16, 2016 – Oklahoma City 130 vs. Boston 109
- Nov 15, 2015 – Boston 100 vs. Oklahoma City 85
Injury Report for Boston
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Hamstring)
- Robert Williams III: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Mike Muscala: Out (Rest)
- Tre Mann: Out (Ankle)