Through 3 Quarters
Fans are certainly getting their money’s worth as the Atlanta Hawks and the Phoenix Suns have combined for 191 points three quarters in. Atlanta has emerged as the frontrunner and is ahead of Phoenix 100-91.
The Hawks have been led by point guard Trae Young, who so far has shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and has recorded 34 points and five dimes. One thing to keep an eye out for is De’Andre Hunter’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard Chris Paul has led the way so far for Phoenix, as he has 18 points and nine assists. A double-double would be Paul’s fourth in a row.
Phoenix @ Atlanta
Current Records: Phoenix 41-9; Atlanta 24-26
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks will play host again and welcome the Phoenix Suns to State Farm Arena, where tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday. Phoenix will be strutting in after a victory while the Hawks will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Atlanta was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Monday as they fell 106-100 to the Toronto Raptors. Power forward John Collins wasn’t much of a difference maker for Atlanta; Collins finished with only six points on 3-for-11 shooting in his 27 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Phoenix was able to grind out a solid win over the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday, winning 121-111. Phoenix’s small forward Mikal Bridges was one of the most active players for the team, picking up 27 points along with eight rebounds.
Atlanta is expected to lose this next one by 3.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the squad is 2-10 ATS when expected to lose.
The Hawks were close but no cigar in the teams’ previous meeting last November as they fell 121-117 to the Suns. Maybe Atlanta will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.22
The Suns are a 3.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Suns slightly, as the game opened with the Suns as a 5.5-point favorite.
Atlanta have won seven out of their last 13 games against Phoenix.
- Nov 06, 2021 – Phoenix 121 vs. Atlanta 117
- May 05, 2021 – Atlanta 135 vs. Phoenix 103
- Mar 30, 2021 – Phoenix 117 vs. Atlanta 110
- Jan 14, 2020 – Atlanta 123 vs. Phoenix 110
- Nov 14, 2019 – Phoenix 128 vs. Atlanta 112
- Feb 23, 2019 – Atlanta 120 vs. Phoenix 112
- Feb 02, 2019 – Atlanta 118 vs. Phoenix 112
- Mar 04, 2018 – Atlanta 113 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 02, 2018 – Phoenix 104 vs. Atlanta 103
- Mar 28, 2017 – Atlanta 95 vs. Phoenix 91
- Nov 30, 2016 – Phoenix 109 vs. Atlanta 107
- Apr 05, 2016 – Atlanta 103 vs. Phoenix 90
- Jan 23, 2016 – Phoenix 98 vs. Atlanta 95
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Lou Williams: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Landry Shamet: Out (Ankle)
- Cameron Payne: Out (Wrist)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)