Portland @ Charlotte
Current Records: Portland 3-2; Charlotte 4-2
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Portland Trail Blazers will be on the road. They will take on the Charlotte Hornets at 7 p.m. ET Sunday at Spectrum Center. Portland will be strutting in after a victory while Charlotte will be stumbling in from a loss.
You can’t lose the matchup if you win every quarter, and that was precisely the Trail Blazers’ strategy against the Los Angeles Clippers this past Friday. Portland enjoyed a cozy 111-92 win over Los Angeles. Portland’s point guard Damian Lillard filled up the stat sheet, shooting 5-for-7 from downtown and finishing with 25 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, the contest between the Hornets and the Miami Heat this past Friday was not a total blowout, but with Charlotte falling 114-99 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Point guard LaMelo Ball wasn’t much of a difference maker for Charlotte; Ball played for 30 minutes but put up just six points on 2-for-14 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Portland is expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (3-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Charlotte’s defeat took them down to 4-2 while Portland’s win pulled them up to 3-2. Allowing an average of 115.67 points per game, Charlotte hasn’t exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We’ll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming game.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center — Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Trail Blazers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won eight out of their last 11 games against Charlotte.
- Apr 18, 2021 – Charlotte 109 vs. Portland 101
- Mar 01, 2021 – Portland 123 vs. Charlotte 111
- Jan 13, 2020 – Portland 115 vs. Charlotte 112
- Mar 03, 2019 – Portland 118 vs. Charlotte 108
- Jan 11, 2019 – Portland 127 vs. Charlotte 96
- Feb 08, 2018 – Portland 109 vs. Charlotte 103
- Dec 16, 2017 – Portland 93 vs. Charlotte 91
- Jan 31, 2017 – Portland 115 vs. Charlotte 98
- Jan 18, 2017 – Charlotte 107 vs. Portland 85
- Jan 29, 2016 – Portland 109 vs. Charlotte 91
- Nov 15, 2015 – Charlotte 106 vs. Portland 94