Atlanta @ Memphis
Current Records: Atlanta 10-9; Memphis 9-9
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks and the Memphis Grizzlies are even-steven against one another since November of 2015 (6-6), but not for long. The Hawks are on the road again on Friday and play against Memphis at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 26 at FedExForum. The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two.
Atlanta can’t say they have nothing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week. They had enough points to win and then some against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, taking their contest 124-106. Point guard Trae Young continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a double-double on 31 points and 11 assists along with seven boards.
As for the Grizzlies, it looks like they got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. On Wednesday, they lost to the Toronto Raptors at home by a decisive 126-113 margin. A silver lining for Memphis was the play of point guard Ja Morant, who had 23 points and nine assists in addition to six rebounds.
Atlanta’s victory lifted them to 10-9 while Memphis’ defeat dropped them down to 9-9. Allowing an average of 115.50 points per game, Memphis hasn’t exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We’ll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports – Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Grizzlies are a slight 1-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Memphis and Atlanta both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Apr 07, 2021 – Memphis 131 vs. Atlanta 113
- Dec 26, 2020 – Atlanta 122 vs. Memphis 112
- Mar 07, 2020 – Memphis 118 vs. Atlanta 101
- Mar 02, 2020 – Memphis 127 vs. Atlanta 88
- Mar 13, 2019 – Atlanta 132 vs. Memphis 111
- Oct 19, 2018 – Memphis 131 vs. Atlanta 117
- Feb 06, 2018 – Atlanta 108 vs. Memphis 82
- Dec 15, 2017 – Memphis 96 vs. Atlanta 94
- Mar 16, 2017 – Memphis 103 vs. Atlanta 91
- Mar 11, 2017 – Atlanta 107 vs. Memphis 90
- Mar 12, 2016 – Atlanta 95 vs. Memphis 83
- Nov 27, 2015 – Atlanta 116 vs. Memphis 101
Injury Report for Memphis
- De’Anthony Melton: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)