Through 2 Quarters
Although the Miami Heat were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. They are way out in front at halftime with a 70-54 lead over the Memphis Grizzlies.
Small forward Jimmy Butler has led the way so far for Miami, as he has 23 points and four assists in addition to three steals and two rebounds. A double-double would be Jimmy G Buckets’ third in a row. One thing to keep an eye out for is DeWayne Dedmon’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Memphis has been led by point guard Ja Morant, who so far has 17 points and five assists along with three boards.
Miami @ Memphis
Current Records: Miami 4-1; Memphis 3-2
What to Know
The Miami Heat haven’t won a game against the Memphis Grizzlies since Oct. 23 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Saturday. The Heat might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against Memphis at 8 p.m. ET Oct. 30 at FedExForum. Miami has a defense that allows only 95.8 points per game, so the Grizz’s offense will have their work cut out for them.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between Miami and the Charlotte Hornets on Friday was still a pretty decisive one as Miami wrapped it up with a 114-99 win at home. Miami’s small forward Jimmy Butler looked sharp as he dropped a double-double on 32 points and ten rebounds along with five dimes.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Grizz ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Thursday with a 104-101 victory over the Golden State Warriors. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 37-20 deficit. Among those leading the charge for the Grizzlies was point guard Ja Morant, who had 30 points and five assists in addition to seven boards.
The Heat are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Their wins bumped Miami to 4-1 and the Grizz to 3-2. Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports to find out who keeps up the positive energy and who hits a stumbling block.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a 3.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 1.5-point favorite.
Miami have won seven out of their last 12 games against Memphis.
- Apr 06, 2021 – Memphis 124 vs. Miami 112
- Mar 17, 2021 – Memphis 89 vs. Miami 85
- Dec 16, 2019 – Memphis 118 vs. Miami 111
- Oct 23, 2019 – Miami 120 vs. Memphis 101
- Jan 12, 2019 – Miami 112 vs. Memphis 108
- Dec 14, 2018 – Miami 100 vs. Memphis 97
- Feb 24, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Memphis 89
- Dec 11, 2017 – Miami 107 vs. Memphis 82
- Nov 26, 2016 – Memphis 110 vs. Miami 107
- Nov 25, 2016 – Miami 90 vs. Memphis 81
- Dec 29, 2015 – Memphis 99 vs. Miami 90
- Dec 13, 2015 – Miami 100 vs. Memphis 97
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Hand)
Injury Report for Miami
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Knee)