Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Phoenix Suns have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither team has the matchup in the bag, but Phoenix leads 85-84 over the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Suns have been led by shooting guard Devin Booker, who so far has 23 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Deandre Ayton’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Memphis has been relying on the performance of small forward Dillon Brooks, who has 25 points and seven assists.
The Grizz has been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we’ll see how they respond to the deficit.
Phoenix @ Memphis
Current Records: Phoenix 62-14; Memphis 54-23
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies will take on the Phoenix Suns at 8 p.m. ET Friday at FedExForum. Matchupboth teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous matchupboth teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous but managed to pull out a pair of wins.
Memphis escaped with a win on Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs by the margin of a single free throw, 112-111. Memphis’ point guard Tyus Jones was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finishing with 25 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Speaking of close games: Phoenix sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 107-103 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday. The Suns’ small forward Mikal Bridges filled up the stat sheet, picking up 22 points along with seven boards.
The Grizz is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 12-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
Memphis is now 54-23 while Phoenix sits at 62-14. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Memphis ranks first in the league when it comes to points per game, with 115.4 on average. The Suns have displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they come into the game boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.70%.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $41.85
The Suns are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Memphis have won 13 out of their last 23 games against Phoenix.
- Dec 27, 2021 – Memphis 114 vs. Phoenix 113
- Nov 12, 2021 – Phoenix 119 vs. Memphis 94
- Mar 15, 2021 – Phoenix 122 vs. Memphis 99
- Feb 20, 2021 – Phoenix 128 vs. Memphis 97
- Jan 18, 2021 – Memphis 108 vs. Phoenix 104
- Jan 26, 2020 – Memphis 114 vs. Phoenix 109
- Jan 05, 2020 – Memphis 121 vs. Phoenix 114
- Dec 11, 2019 – Memphis 115 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 02, 2019 – Phoenix 114 vs. Memphis 105
- Mar 30, 2019 – Memphis 120 vs. Phoenix 115
- Nov 04, 2018 – Phoenix 102 vs. Memphis 100
- Oct 27, 2018 – Memphis 117 vs. Phoenix 96
- Feb 28, 2018 – Phoenix 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Jan 29, 2018 – Memphis 120 vs. Phoenix 109
- Dec 26, 2017 – Phoenix 99 vs. Memphis 97
- Dec 21, 2017 – Phoenix 97 vs. Memphis 95
- Feb 28, 2017 – Memphis 130 vs. Phoenix 112
- Feb 08, 2017 – Memphis 110 vs. Phoenix 91
- Jan 30, 2017 – Memphis 115 vs. Phoenix 96
- Mar 21, 2016 – Memphis 103 vs. Phoenix 97
- Mar 06, 2016 – Phoenix 109 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 27, 2016 – Phoenix 111 vs. Memphis 106
- Dec 06, 2015 – Memphis 95 vs. Phoenix 93
Injury Report for Memphis
- Steven Adams: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Tyus Jones: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Desmond Bane: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Thigh)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)