Through 1 Quarter
After a tough loss on the road their last time out, the Atlanta Hawks look much better today on their home court. After one quarter neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Hawks lead 16-15 over the Utah Jazz.
Atlanta hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to six points or fewer. Small forward Joe Ingles has led the way so far for Utah, as he has eight points in addition to three boards.
This is the least points Utah has had yet this season going into the second quarter.
Utah @ Atlanta
Current Records: Utah 6-1; Atlanta 4-4
What to Know
The Utah Jazz will square off against the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday at State Farm Arena. The Jazz should still be feeling good after a win, while Atlanta will be looking to regain their footing.
Utah didn’t have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, but they still walked away with a 119-113 victory. Among those leading the charge for Utah was shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who shot 5-for-12 from downtown and finished with 36 points, six dimes and eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Atlanta came up short against the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday, falling 117-108. Shooting guard Bogdan Bogdanovic had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 29 minutes but putting up just eight points on 3-for-10 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Utah is expected to win a tight contest. Those burned by picking them against the spread on Tuesday might want to keep in mind that the team has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
The Jazz’s victory brought them up to 6-1 while the Hawks’ loss pulled them down to 4-4. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Utah ranks second in the league when it comes to fouls drawn per game, with 21.3 on average. But Atlanta comes into the game boasting the third fewest fouls per game in the league at 17.3. The ref’s whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Jazz are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Hawks as a 1-point favorite.
Utah have won seven out of their last 11 games against Atlanta.
- Feb 04, 2021 – Utah 112 vs. Atlanta 91
- Jan 15, 2021 – Utah 116 vs. Atlanta 92
- Dec 19, 2019 – Utah 111 vs. Atlanta 106
- Mar 21, 2019 – Atlanta 117 vs. Utah 114
- Feb 01, 2019 – Utah 128 vs. Atlanta 112
- Mar 20, 2018 – Atlanta 99 vs. Utah 94
- Jan 22, 2018 – Atlanta 104 vs. Utah 90
- Feb 06, 2017 – Utah 120 vs. Atlanta 95
- Nov 25, 2016 – Utah 95 vs. Atlanta 68
- Mar 08, 2016 – Atlanta 91 vs. Utah 84
- Nov 15, 2015 – Utah 97 vs. Atlanta 96
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
Injury Report for Utah
- Donovan Mitchell: Out (Ankle)
- Rudy Gay: Out (Heel)