Through 1 Quarter
The Memphis Grizzlies can’t call it a day yet, but they are winning as expected. They have emerged as the frontrunner after one quarter and are ahead of the New York Knicks 35-27.
The Grizzlies have enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard De’Anthony Melton and point guard Ja Morant. The former has 11 points, while the latter has six points and four assists. New York hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to seven points or fewer.
Memphis @ New York
Current Records: Memphis 35-18; New York 24-27
What to Know
The New York Knicks will stay at home another game and welcome the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. ET Feb. 2 at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks will be strutting in after a win while Memphis will be stumbling in from a defeat.
You’re bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly how it played out for New York on Monday. They put the hurt on the Sacramento Kings with a sharp 116-96 victory. Among those leading the charge for New York was point guard Alec Burks, who had 21 points in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, the Grizz fought the good fight in their overtime matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 122-119. The top scorer for Memphis was point guard Ja Morant (37 points). The contest made it Ja Morant’s seventh in a row with at least 30 points.
New York is expected to lose this next one by 4. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the squad is 5-10 ATS when expected to lose.
The Knicks are now 24-27 while the Grizzlies sit at 35-18. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: New York enters the game with only 104.6 points allowed per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. But the Grizz ranks fourth in the league when it comes to points per game, with 112.1 on average. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $57.00
The Grizzlies are a 4-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 2.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won six out of their last 11 games against New York.
- May 03, 2021 – New York 118 vs. Memphis 104
- Apr 09, 2021 – New York 133 vs. Memphis 129
- Jan 29, 2020 – Memphis 127 vs. New York 106
- Feb 03, 2019 – Memphis 96 vs. New York 84
- Nov 25, 2018 – New York 103 vs. Memphis 98
- Jan 17, 2018 – Memphis 105 vs. New York 99
- Dec 06, 2017 – New York 99 vs. Memphis 88
- Apr 07, 2017 – Memphis 101 vs. New York 88
- Oct 29, 2016 – New York 111 vs. Memphis 104
- Feb 05, 2016 – Memphis 91 vs. New York 85
- Jan 16, 2016 – Memphis 103 vs. New York 95
Injury Report for New York
- Luka Samanic: Game-Time Decision (Heel)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)