Through 1 Quarter
The New York Knicks are flexing their muscles against the Los Angeles Lakers, showing why they were favored to win all along. The Knicks are in control with a 38-23 lead over Los Angeles. New York’s offense has come from several players so far.
Los Angeles @ New York
Current Records: Los Angeles 9-9; New York 9-8
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers will hit the road for the fourth straight game as they head to Madison Square Garden at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday. They will be strutting in after a victory while the New York Knicks will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Los Angeles didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, but they still walked away with a 121-116 win. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the third quarter to overcome a 99-84 deficit. Power forward Anthony Davis continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a double-double on 30 points and ten rebounds along with six assists.
Meanwhile, the Knicks were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Sunday as they fell 109-103 to the Chicago Bulls. The losing side was boosted by power forward Julius Randle, who dropped a double-double on 34 points and ten boards.
Los Angeles is expected to lose this next one by 6. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Los Angeles is now 9-9 while New York sits at 9-8. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Los Angeles is second worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 113.4 on average. The Knicks’ defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.90%, which places them third in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $275.00
The Knicks are a solid 6-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Knicks, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 3.5-point favorite.
New York have won seven out of their last 12 games against Los Angeles.
- May 11, 2021 – Los Angeles 101 vs. New York 99
- Apr 12, 2021 – New York 111 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Jan 22, 2020 – Los Angeles 100 vs. New York 92
- Jan 07, 2020 – Los Angeles 117 vs. New York 87
- Mar 17, 2019 – New York 124 vs. Los Angeles 123
- Jan 04, 2019 – New York 119 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Jan 21, 2018 – Los Angeles 127 vs. New York 107
- Dec 12, 2017 – New York 113 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Feb 06, 2017 – Los Angeles 121 vs. New York 107
- Dec 11, 2016 – New York 118 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Mar 13, 2016 – New York 90 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Nov 08, 2015 – New York 99 vs. Los Angeles 95
Injury Report for New York
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
- Taj Gibson: Out (Groin)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Concussion)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Austin Reaves: Out (Hamstring)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)