Boston @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Boston 13-11; Los Angeles 12-12
What to Know
After a few days’ rest for both teams, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics will meet up at 10 p.m. ET Dec. 7 at Staples Center. The Lakers are out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
It was close but no cigar for Los Angeles as they fell 119-115 to the Los Angeles Clippers last Friday. The losing side was boosted by power forward Anthony Davis, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Boston took their game against the Portland Trail Blazers this past Saturday by a conclusive 145-117 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point the Celtics had established a 103-84 advantage. Among those leading the charge for them was point guard Dennis Schroder, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 31 points and eight assists.
The Lakers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 4-11 against the spread when favored.
Los Angeles is now 12-12 while Boston sits at 13-11. The Celtics are 6-6 after wins this season, and Los Angeles is 7-4 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $99.00
The Lakers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Boston have won eight out of their last 13 games against Los Angeles.
- Nov 19, 2021 – Boston 130 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Apr 15, 2021 – Boston 121 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Jan 30, 2021 – Los Angeles 96 vs. Boston 95
- Feb 23, 2020 – Los Angeles 114 vs. Boston 112
- Jan 20, 2020 – Boston 139 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Mar 09, 2019 – Boston 120 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Feb 07, 2019 – Los Angeles 129 vs. Boston 128
- Jan 23, 2018 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Boston 107
- Nov 08, 2017 – Boston 107 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Mar 03, 2017 – Boston 115 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Feb 03, 2017 – Boston 113 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Apr 03, 2016 – Boston 107 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 30, 2015 – Los Angeles 112 vs. Boston 104
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Thumb)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Boston
- Jabari Parker: Out (Illness)
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Hamstring)
- Bruno Fernando: Out (Back)