Miami @ Dallas
Current Records: Miami 5-1; Dallas 4-2
What to Know
The Miami Heat will take on the Dallas Mavericks at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at American Airlines Center after having had a few days off. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Heat made easy work of the Memphis Grizzlies this past Saturday and carried off a 129-103 win. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Miami had established a 102-79 advantage. Their small forward Jimmy Butler did his thing and had 27 points and seven assists in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, Dallas didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Sacramento Kings on Sunday, but they still walked away with a 105-99 victory. It was another big night for the Mavericks’ point guard Luka Doncic, who almost posted a triple-double on 23 points, ten assists, and eight rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Heat are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought Miami up to 5-1 and Dallas to 4-2. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Miami have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39%, which places them first in the league. Less enviably, the Mavericks have only been able to knock down 40.40% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Heat are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Mavericks as a 1.5-point favorite.
Miami have won nine out of their last 12 games against Dallas.
- May 04, 2021 – Dallas 127 vs. Miami 113
- Jan 01, 2021 – Dallas 93 vs. Miami 83
- Feb 28, 2020 – Miami 126 vs. Dallas 118
- Dec 14, 2019 – Miami 122 vs. Dallas 118
- Mar 28, 2019 – Miami 105 vs. Dallas 99
- Feb 13, 2019 – Miami 112 vs. Dallas 101
- Jan 29, 2018 – Miami 95 vs. Dallas 88
- Dec 22, 2017 – Miami 113 vs. Dallas 101
- Feb 27, 2017 – Dallas 96 vs. Miami 89
- Jan 19, 2017 – Miami 99 vs. Dallas 95
- Feb 03, 2016 – Miami 93 vs. Dallas 90
- Jan 01, 2016 – Miami 106 vs. Dallas 82