Through 3 Quarters
Down nine at the end of last quarter, the Brooklyn Nets have now snagged the lead. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the Orlando Magic 90-83.
Brooklyn has been riding high on the performance of point guard James Harden, who has 31 points and seven assists along with seven rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is James Johnson’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Shooting guard Jalen Suggs has led the way so far for Orlando, as he has 19 points. Those points put Suggs near his season high of 21.
Orlando @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Orlando 4-11; Brooklyn 11-5
What to Know
The Orlando Magic will face off against the Brooklyn Nets on the road at 7:30 p.m. ET Friday at Barclays Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Magic didn’t have too much breathing room in their matchup with the New York Knicks on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 104-98 victory. Shooting guard Terrence Ross (19 points) was the top scorer for Orlando.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 109-99 on Wednesday. Brooklyn’s point guard James Harden did his thing and dropped a double-double on 27 points and ten rebounds along with seven assists.
Orlando is expected to lose this next one by 9.5. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Wednesday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Orlando is now 4-11 while the Nets sit at 11-5. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Magic have only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. Brooklyn’s defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.90%, which places them third in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Nets are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Nets as a 12.5-point favorite.
Orlando have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Brooklyn.
- Nov 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 123 vs. Orlando 90
- Mar 19, 2021 – Orlando 121 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Feb 25, 2021 – Brooklyn 129 vs. Orlando 92
- Jan 16, 2021 – Brooklyn 122 vs. Orlando 115
- Aug 11, 2020 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Orlando 96
- Jul 31, 2020 – Orlando 128 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Feb 24, 2020 – Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 06, 2020 – Orlando 101 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Feb 02, 2019 – Orlando 102 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Jan 23, 2019 – Brooklyn 114 vs. Orlando 110
- Jan 18, 2019 – Brooklyn 117 vs. Orlando 115
- Mar 28, 2018 – Brooklyn 111 vs. Orlando 104
- Jan 01, 2018 – Brooklyn 98 vs. Orlando 95
- Oct 24, 2017 – Orlando 125 vs. Brooklyn 121
- Oct 20, 2017 – Brooklyn 126 vs. Orlando 121
- Apr 06, 2017 – Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Apr 01, 2017 – Brooklyn 121 vs. Orlando 111
- Dec 16, 2016 – Orlando 118 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 29, 2016 – Orlando 139 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Jan 08, 2016 – Orlando 83 vs. Brooklyn 77
- Dec 30, 2015 – Orlando 100 vs. Brooklyn 93
- Dec 14, 2015 – Orlando 105 vs. Brooklyn 82
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- David Duke: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Paul Millsap: Out (Personal)
- Kevin Durant: Out (Shoulder)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Illness)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Orlando
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)