Through 1 Quarter
Although the Denver Nuggets were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. They currently hold a 25-22 lead over the Indiana Pacers. Denver has been led by shooting guard Will Barton, who so far has ten points and two assists in addition to four boards.
Barton has led the way so far for the Nuggets, as he has ten points and two assists along with four rebounds. Note that this was a full 40% of Denver’s points.
Denver and Indiana came into this contest with previous-game wins. It’s looking like Denver will be able to keep the momentum, but the Pacers still have three quarters to right the ship.
Indiana @ Denver
Current Records: Indiana 4-7; Denver 6-4
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers will take on the Denver Nuggets at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Ball Arena after having had a few days off. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
After constant struggles on the road, Indiana has finally found some success away from home. They came out on top in a nail-biter against the Sacramento Kings on Sunday, sneaking past 94-91. Shooting guard Caris LeVert (22 points) was the top scorer for the Pacers.
Meanwhile, Denver strolled past the Miami Heat with points to spare on Monday, taking the matchup 113-96. It was another big night for Denver’s center Nikola Jokic, who posted a triple-double on 25 points, 15 boards, and ten assists. That’s Jokic’s first triple-double of the season.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Indiana is expected to win a tight contest. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Indiana up to 4-7 and the Nuggets to 6-4. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Pacers rank fourth in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 46.50% on the season. Denver is completely their equal: they also come into the game with 46.50% field goal percentage. This one is shaping up to be an exciting offensive shootout.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Pacers are a 3-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pacers as a 2-point favorite.
Denver have won eight out of their last 12 games against Indiana.
- Mar 15, 2021 – Denver 121 vs. Indiana 106
- Mar 04, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. Indiana 103
- Jan 19, 2020 – Indiana 115 vs. Denver 107
- Jan 02, 2020 – Denver 124 vs. Indiana 116
- Mar 24, 2019 – Indiana 124 vs. Denver 88
- Mar 16, 2019 – Denver 102 vs. Indiana 100
- Apr 03, 2018 – Denver 107 vs. Indiana 104
- Dec 10, 2017 – Indiana 126 vs. Denver 116
- Mar 24, 2017 – Denver 125 vs. Indiana 117
- Jan 12, 2017 – Denver 140 vs. Indiana 112
- Jan 30, 2016 – Indiana 109 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 17, 2016 – Denver 129 vs. Indiana 126
Injury Report for Denver
- Monte Morris: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Hip)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out (Back)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Caris LeVert: Out (Back)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Knee)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)