Through 3 Quarters
The New Orleans Pelicans and the Denver Nuggets are deadlocked at 82-82 after three quarters, promising an exciting conclusion. New Orleans has enjoyed the tag-team combination of center Jaxson Hayes and small forward Brandon Ingram. The former has 22 points in addition to eight boards, while the latter has posted a double-double on 21 points and ten dimes along with two blocks.
New Orleans @ Denver
Current Records: New Orleans 19-32; Denver 28-23
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans haven’t won a contest against the Denver Nuggets since March 21 of last year, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Friday. New Orleans’ road trip will continue as they head to Ball Arena at 9 p.m. ET to face off against Denver. The Pelicans will be strutting in after a win while the Nuggets will be stumbling in from a loss.
New Orleans beat the Detroit Pistons 111-101 on Tuesday. New Orleans’ small forward Brandon Ingram did his thing and had 26 points.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Denver as they fell 108-104 to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Despite the defeat, Denver got a solid performance out of shooting guard Bryn Forbes, who had 26 points.
The Pelicans are expected to lose this next one by 6. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
New Orleans is now 19-32 while Denver sits at 28-23. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: New Orleans is stumbling into the game with the fifth fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 105.4 on average. Denver’s offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the matchup boasting the third highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.20%. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Nuggets are a solid 6-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 5.5-point favorite.
Denver have won 13 out of their last 22 games against New Orleans.
- Jan 28, 2022 – Denver 116 vs. New Orleans 105
- Dec 08, 2021 – Denver 120 vs. New Orleans 114
- Apr 28, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. New Orleans 112
- Mar 26, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. New Orleans 108
- Mar 21, 2021 – New Orleans 113 vs. Denver 108
- Jan 24, 2020 – Denver 113 vs. New Orleans 106
- Dec 25, 2019 – New Orleans 112 vs. Denver 100
- Oct 31, 2019 – New Orleans 122 vs. Denver 107
- Mar 02, 2019 – New Orleans 120 vs. Denver 112
- Jan 30, 2019 – Denver 105 vs. New Orleans 99
- Nov 17, 2018 – New Orleans 125 vs. Denver 115
- Oct 29, 2018 – Denver 116 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 15, 2017 – Denver 117 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 06, 2017 – New Orleans 123 vs. Denver 114
- Nov 17, 2017 – Denver 146 vs. New Orleans 114
- Apr 07, 2017 – Denver 122 vs. New Orleans 106
- Apr 04, 2017 – Denver 134 vs. New Orleans 131
- Mar 26, 2017 – New Orleans 115 vs. Denver 90
- Oct 26, 2016 – Denver 107 vs. New Orleans 102
- Mar 31, 2016 – New Orleans 101 vs. Denver 95
- Dec 20, 2015 – New Orleans 130 vs. Denver 125
- Nov 17, 2015 – Denver 115 vs. New Orleans 98
Injury Report for Denver
- DeMarcus Cousins: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Aaron Gordon: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Josh Hart: Out (Knee)
- Garrett Temple: Out (Covid-19)
- Willy Hernangomez: Out (Covid-19)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)