Los Angeles @ New Orleans
Current Records: Los Angeles 9-6; New Orleans 2-14
What to Know
The Los Angeles Clippers might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the New Orleans Pelicans at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 19 at Smoothie King Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Los Angeles ended up a good deal behind the Memphis Grizzlies when they played on Thursday, losing 120-108. A silver lining for the Clippers was the play of small forward Paul George, who shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 23 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Meanwhile, New Orleans lost to the Miami Heat on the road by a decisive 113-98 margin. The Pelicans were up 34-21 at the end of the first quarter but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Despite the defeat, they had strong showings from small forward Josh Hart, who had 18 points along with seven boards, and shooting guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker, who had 24 points.
Los Angeles is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Los Angeles, who are 8-7 against the spread.
Los Angeles is now 9-6 while New Orleans sits at 2-14. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Clippers enter the contest with only 17.2 fouls per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. On the other end of the spectrum, the Pelicans are fifth worst in the league in fouls per game, with 20.2 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts New Orleans in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Clippers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 3.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 11 out of their last 21 games against New Orleans.
- Apr 26, 2021 – New Orleans 120 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Mar 14, 2021 – New Orleans 135 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Jan 13, 2021 – Los Angeles 111 vs. New Orleans 106
- Aug 01, 2020 – Los Angeles 126 vs. New Orleans 103
- Jan 18, 2020 – Los Angeles 133 vs. New Orleans 130
- Nov 24, 2019 – Los Angeles 134 vs. New Orleans 109
- Nov 14, 2019 – New Orleans 132 vs. Los Angeles 127
- Jan 14, 2019 – New Orleans 121 vs. Los Angeles 117
- Dec 03, 2018 – Los Angeles 129 vs. New Orleans 126
- Oct 23, 2018 – New Orleans 116 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Apr 09, 2018 – New Orleans 113 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Mar 06, 2018 – New Orleans 121 vs. Los Angeles 116
- Jan 28, 2018 – Los Angeles 112 vs. New Orleans 103
- Nov 11, 2017 – New Orleans 111 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Dec 28, 2016 – New Orleans 102 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Dec 10, 2016 – Los Angeles 133 vs. New Orleans 105
- Dec 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 114 vs. New Orleans 96
- Mar 20, 2016 – New Orleans 109 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Jan 10, 2016 – Los Angeles 114 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 31, 2015 – Los Angeles 95 vs. New Orleans 89
- Nov 27, 2015 – Los Angeles 111 vs. New Orleans 90
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Devonte’ Graham: Out (Foot)
- Daulton Hommes: Out (Leg)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Keon Johnson: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Marcus Morris: Out (Knee)
- Justise Winslow: Out (Personal)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)