Through 3 Quarters
Down five at the end of last quarter, the Houston Rockets have now snagged the lead. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Indiana Pacers 95-83 three quarters in.
The Rockets have been led by center Christian Wood, who so far has posted a double-double on 30 points and 13 boards along with seven assists. Those points put Wood near his season high of 33.
Indiana has been relying on center Jalen Smith, who has dropped a double-double on 17 points and ten rebounds, and center Goga Bitadze, who has 14 points in addition to six rebounds. Bitadze does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
This is the first time Houston has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past six games.
Indiana @ Houston
Current Records: Indiana 23-47; Houston 17-52
What to Know
The Houston Rockets have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Indiana Pacers and are hoping to record their first win since Nov. 15 of 2019. Houston’s homestand continues as they prepare to take on Indiana at 8 p.m. ET March 18 at Toyota Center. The Rockets need to shore up a defense that is allowing 118.38 points per game.
Houston received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 129-112 to the Phoenix Suns. The losing side was boosted by point guard Kevin Porter, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 21 points and eight assists.
Meanwhile,’s it’s hard to picture a worse defeat than the 135-102 bruising that Indiana suffered against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday. Indiana was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 74-49. The top scorers for the Pacers were center Jalen Smith (15 points), small forward Terry Taylor (14 points), shooting guard Buddy Hield (14 points), and point guard Duane Washington Jr. (13 points).
The Rockets are expected to lose this next one by 4. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
In the teams’ previous meeting last December, Houston lost to Indiana on the road by a decisive 118-106 margin. Maybe Houston will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center — Houston, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Pacers are a 4-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pacers as a 3-point favorite.
Indiana have won seven out of their last 13 games against Houston.
- Dec 23, 2021 – Indiana 118 vs. Houston 106
- Apr 14, 2021 – Indiana 132 vs. Houston 124
- Jan 06, 2021 – Indiana 114 vs. Houston 107
- Aug 12, 2020 – Indiana 108 vs. Houston 104
- Nov 15, 2019 – Houston 111 vs. Indiana 102
- Nov 11, 2018 – Houston 115 vs. Indiana 103
- Nov 05, 2018 – Houston 98 vs. Indiana 94
- Nov 29, 2017 – Houston 118 vs. Indiana 97
- Nov 12, 2017 – Houston 118 vs. Indiana 95
- Feb 27, 2017 – Indiana 117 vs. Houston 108
- Jan 29, 2017 – Indiana 120 vs. Houston 101
- Mar 27, 2016 – Indiana 104 vs. Houston 101
- Jan 10, 2016 – Houston 107 vs. Indiana 103
Injury Report for Houston
- Trevelin Queen: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Eric Gordon: Out (Illness)
- Usman Garuba: Out (Ankle)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Myles Turner: Out (Foot)
- Chris Duarte: Out (Toe)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Concussion)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- T.J. Warren: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)