Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the victory they were favored to collect going into this night. They have emerged as the frontrunner and are ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers 86-79.
The Timberwolves have been led by small forward Anthony Edwards, who so far has shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and has recorded 27 points and six boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Nathan Knight’s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Los Angeles has lost 72% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Los Angeles @ Minnesota
Current Records: Los Angeles 29-39; Minnesota 40-30
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Minnesota Timberwolves are heading back home. They will take on the Los Angeles Lakers at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday at Target Center. Minnesota is out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
The Timberwolves netted a 149-139 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Monday. Center Karl-Anthony Towns took over for Minnesota, finishing with 60 points (a whopping 40% of their total) along with 17 boards. That makes it six consecutive games in which Towns has had at least ten rebounds. Towns’ points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, the contest between Los Angeles and the Toronto Raptors on Monday was not a total blowout, but with Los Angeles falling 114-103 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Los Angeles was down 91-71 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the defeat, they had strong showings from small forward LeBron James, who had 30 points in addition to nine rebounds, and small forward Talen Horton-Tucker, who had 20 points and five assists in addition to five boards. The game made it LBJ’s third in a row with at least 30 points.
The Timberwolves are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Minnesota’s win lifted them to 40-30 while Los Angeles’ loss dropped them down to 29-39. On Monday Minnesota relied heavily on Towns, who shot 7-for-11 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 60 points and 17 boards. It will be up to Los Angeles’ defense to limit his damage.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $74.00
The Timberwolves are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Minnesota have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 02, 2022 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Minnesota 103
- Dec 17, 2021 – Minnesota 110 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Nov 12, 2021 – Minnesota 107 vs. Los Angeles 83
- Mar 16, 2021 – Los Angeles 137 vs. Minnesota 121
- Feb 16, 2021 – Los Angeles 112 vs. Minnesota 104
- Dec 27, 2020 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Minnesota 91
- Dec 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 142 vs. Minnesota 125
- Jan 24, 2019 – Minnesota 120 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Jan 06, 2019 – Minnesota 108 vs. Los Angeles 86
- Nov 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 114 vs. Minnesota 110
- Oct 29, 2018 – Minnesota 124 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Apr 06, 2018 – Minnesota 113 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Feb 15, 2018 – Minnesota 119 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Jan 01, 2018 – Minnesota 114 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Dec 25, 2017 – Minnesota 121 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Apr 09, 2017 – Los Angeles 110 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 30, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Mar 24, 2017 – Los Angeles 130 vs. Minnesota 119
- Nov 13, 2016 – Minnesota 125 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Feb 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 115
- Dec 09, 2015 – Minnesota 123 vs. Los Angeles 122
- Oct 28, 2015 – Minnesota 112 vs. Los Angeles 111
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Patrick Beverley: Game-Time Decision (Ear)
- Jordan McLaughlin: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Game-Time Decision (Quadriceps)
- Anthony Edwards: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Naz Reid: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Jaden McDaniels: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Foot)