Charlotte @ Golden State
Current Records: Charlotte 5-3; Golden State 5-1
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors will take on the Charlotte Hornets at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Chase Center after having had a few days off. If the game is anything like the Dubs’ 130-121 win from their previous meeting in February, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Warriors made easy work of the Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday and carried off a 103-82 victory. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Golden State had established an 82-58 advantage. The top scorer for Golden State was point guard Stephen Curry (20 points).
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Charlotte as they fell 113-110 to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday. A silver lining for Charlotte was the play of point guard LaMelo Ball, who shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 30 points, six dimes and seven rebounds.
Golden State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Saturday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Golden State’s win lifted them to 5-1 while Charlotte’s loss dropped them down to 5-3. Allowing an average of 115 points per game, the Hornets haven’t exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We’ll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $40.00
The Warriors are a solid 6-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
Golden State have won eight out of their last 12 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 26, 2021 – Golden State 130 vs. Charlotte 121
- Feb 20, 2021 – Charlotte 102 vs. Golden State 100
- Dec 04, 2019 – Charlotte 106 vs. Golden State 91
- Nov 02, 2019 – Charlotte 93 vs. Golden State 87
- Mar 31, 2019 – Golden State 137 vs. Charlotte 90
- Feb 25, 2019 – Golden State 121 vs. Charlotte 110
- Dec 29, 2017 – Charlotte 111 vs. Golden State 100
- Dec 06, 2017 – Golden State 101 vs. Charlotte 87
- Feb 01, 2017 – Golden State 126 vs. Charlotte 111
- Jan 25, 2017 – Golden State 113 vs. Charlotte 103
- Jan 04, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Charlotte 101
- Dec 02, 2015 – Golden State 116 vs. Charlotte 99
Injury Report for Golden State
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
Injury Report for Charlotte
No Injury Information