Charlotte @ Sacramento
Current Records: Charlotte 5-4; Sacramento 4-4
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings are 2-10 against the Charlotte Hornets since November of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. Sacramento’s homestand continues as they prepare to take on Charlotte at 10 p.m. ET Nov. 5 at Golden 1 Center. The Kings are out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
You can’t lose the contest if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Sacramento’s strategy against the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday. Sacramento strolled past New Orleans with points to spare, taking the matchup 112-99. Among those leading the charge for Sacramento was point guard Tyrese Haliburton, who had 20 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, the Hornets’ and the Golden State Warriors’ game on Wednesday was up for grabs at halftime, but Charlotte was thoroughly outmatched 61-40 in the second half. Charlotte ended up on the wrong side of a painful 114-92 walloping at the Dubs’ hands. One thing holding Charlotte back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Terry Rozier, who did not have his best game: he played for 34 minutes but put up just five points on 2-for-12 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Sacramento is expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (2-0), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Sacramento’s win lifted them to 4-4 while Charlotte’s defeat dropped them down to 5-4. We’ll see if the Kings can repeat their recent success or if the Hornets bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center — Sacramento, California
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.00
The Kings are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Charlotte have won ten out of their last 12 games against Sacramento.
- Mar 15, 2021 – Charlotte 122 vs. Sacramento 116
- Feb 28, 2021 – Charlotte 127 vs. Sacramento 126
- Dec 17, 2019 – Charlotte 110 vs. Sacramento 102
- Oct 30, 2019 – Charlotte 118 vs. Sacramento 111
- Jan 17, 2019 – Charlotte 114 vs. Sacramento 95
- Jan 12, 2019 – Sacramento 104 vs. Charlotte 97
- Jan 22, 2018 – Charlotte 112 vs. Sacramento 107
- Jan 02, 2018 – Charlotte 131 vs. Sacramento 111
- Feb 25, 2017 – Charlotte 99 vs. Sacramento 85
- Jan 28, 2017 – Sacramento 109 vs. Charlotte 106
- Jan 25, 2016 – Charlotte 129 vs. Sacramento 128
- Nov 23, 2015 – Charlotte 127 vs. Sacramento 122