Through 3 Quarters
The Brooklyn Nets were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Atlanta Hawks as Brooklyn lead 95-79.
The Nets have been led by power forward Kevin Durant, who so far has 31 points and five assists along with six boards. Small forward De’Andre Hunter has led the way so far for Atlanta, as he has shot 6-for-6 from beyond the arc and has recorded 22 points.
Atlanta @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Atlanta 4-3; Brooklyn 4-3
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets will take on the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at Barclays Center after having had a few days off. If the matchup is anything like the Nets’ 132-128 win from their previous meeting in January, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
A well-balanced attack led Brooklyn over the Detroit Pistons every single quarter on their way to victory on Sunday. Brooklyn was the clear victor by a 117-91 margin over Detroit. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Brooklyn had established a 96-74 advantage. They can attribute much of their success to shooting guard James Harden, who dropped a triple-double on 18 points, 12 dimes, and ten rebounds, and power forward Kevin Durant, who had 23 points and five assists. That’s The Beard’s first triple-double of the season.
Meanwhile, Atlanta beat the Washington Wizards 118-111 on Monday. The Hawks’ success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but center Clint Capela led the charge as he posted a double-double on 16 points and 12 boards.
The Nets are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Sunday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Their wins lifted both teams to an identical 4-3. Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports to find out who keeps up the positive energy and who hits a stumbling block.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.43
The Nets are a 4.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 5-point favorite.
Brooklyn have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Atlanta.
- Jan 27, 2021 – Brooklyn 132 vs. Atlanta 128
- Jan 01, 2021 – Atlanta 114 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Dec 30, 2020 – Brooklyn 145 vs. Atlanta 141
- Feb 28, 2020 – Atlanta 141 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Jan 12, 2020 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Atlanta 86
- Dec 21, 2019 – Brooklyn 122 vs. Atlanta 112
- Dec 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 130 vs. Atlanta 118
- Mar 09, 2019 – Brooklyn 114 vs. Atlanta 112
- Jan 09, 2019 – Brooklyn 116 vs. Atlanta 100
- Dec 16, 2018 – Brooklyn 144 vs. Atlanta 127
- Jan 12, 2018 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Atlanta 105
- Dec 04, 2017 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Atlanta 90
- Dec 02, 2017 – Atlanta 114 vs. Brooklyn 102
- Oct 22, 2017 – Brooklyn 116 vs. Atlanta 104
- Apr 02, 2017 – Brooklyn 91 vs. Atlanta 82
- Mar 26, 2017 – Brooklyn 107 vs. Atlanta 92
- Mar 08, 2017 – Atlanta 110 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Jan 10, 2017 – Atlanta 117 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 16, 2016 – Atlanta 114 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Nov 17, 2015 – Brooklyn 90 vs. Atlanta 88
- Nov 04, 2015 – Atlanta 101 vs. Brooklyn 87
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Illness)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)