Through 1 Quarter
The Indiana Pacers were expected to take an ‘L’ in this one, but so far it isn’t playing out to script. They are in control with a 38-28 lead over the Brooklyn Nets.
The Pacers have enjoyed the tag-team combination of power forward Domantas Sabonis and small forward Torrey Craig. The former has eight points and four assists along with three rebounds and two steals, while the latter has ten points in addition to two boards. Power forward Kevin Durant has done his best for Brooklyn, currently boasting 14 points (50% of their total).
This is tied with the most points Indiana has had yet this season going into the second quarter.
Indiana @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Indiana 1-4; Brooklyn 2-3
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers haven’t won a matchup against the Brooklyn Nets since Nov. 18 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Friday. The Pacers will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to Barclays Center at 7:30 p.m. ET. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The game between Indiana and the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Indiana falling 118-100 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. A silver lining for Indiana was the play of point guard Malcolm Brogdon, who had 18 points and five assists in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn ended up a good deal behind the Miami Heat when they played on Wednesday, losing 106-93. Brooklyn’s loss came about despite a quality game from power forward Kevin Durant, who dropped a double-double on 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Indiana is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Now might not be the best time to take the Pacers against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The losses put Indiana at 1-4 and the Nets at 2-3. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Indiana is third worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 117.2 on average. Brooklyn has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the fifth fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 102 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.45
The Nets are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Indiana have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Brooklyn.
- Apr 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 130 vs. Indiana 113
- Mar 17, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Indiana 115
- Feb 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 104 vs. Indiana 94
- Feb 10, 2020 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Indiana 105
- Nov 18, 2019 – Indiana 115 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Oct 30, 2019 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 108
- Apr 07, 2019 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Indiana 96
- Dec 21, 2018 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Oct 20, 2018 – Indiana 132 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Feb 14, 2018 – Indiana 108 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Dec 23, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. Brooklyn 119
- Dec 17, 2017 – Indiana 109 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 18, 2017 – Indiana 140 vs. Brooklyn 131
- Feb 03, 2017 – Indiana 106 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 05, 2017 – Indiana 121 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Nov 25, 2016 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 28, 2016 – Brooklyn 103 vs. Indiana 94
- Apr 10, 2016 – Indiana 129 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Mar 26, 2016 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Indiana 110
- Feb 03, 2016 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 100
- Dec 18, 2015 – Indiana 104 vs. Brooklyn 97
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Illness)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Hamstring)
- Caris LeVert: Out (Back)
- Kelan Martin: Out (Hamstring)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Knee)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)