Through 3 Quarters
The Brooklyn Nets were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Houston Rockets as the Nets lead 90-74.
Brooklyn has been led by point guard Kyrie Irving, who so far has shot 6-for-13 from downtown and has recorded 25 points and four dimes. One thing to keep an eye out for is Andre Drummond’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard Kevin Porter has done his best for Houston, currently boasting 30 points (41% of their total).
Houston has lost 91% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Houston @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Houston 20-59; Brooklyn 40-38
What to Know
The Houston Rockets have quite the challenge ahead of them as they’re expected to be blown off the court 1. They will head out on the road to face off against the Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Barclays Center. Houston is hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 118.06 points per game.
The Rockets came up short against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday, falling 139-132. Houston was down 116-92 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Their loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of shooting guard Josh Christopher, who had 30 points, and shooting guard Jalen Green, who had 31 points and five assists. The matchup made it Green’s fourth in a row with at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn came up short against the Atlanta Hawks this past Saturday, falling 122-115. Power forward Kevin Durant did his best for Brooklyn, finishing with 55 points (a whopping 48% of their total) in addition to seven boards.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.00
The Nets are a big 17-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as an 18-point favorite.
Houston have won seven out of their last 13 games against Brooklyn.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Houston 114 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Mar 31, 2021 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Houston 108
- Mar 03, 2021 – Brooklyn 132 vs. Houston 114
- Dec 28, 2019 – Houston 108 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Nov 01, 2019 – Brooklyn 123 vs. Houston 116
- Jan 16, 2019 – Brooklyn 145 vs. Houston 142
- Nov 02, 2018 – Houston 119 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Feb 06, 2018 – Houston 123 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Nov 27, 2017 – Houston 117 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Jan 15, 2017 – Houston 137 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Dec 12, 2016 – Houston 122 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Dec 08, 2015 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Houston 105
- Nov 11, 2015 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Houston 98
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- James Johnson: Out (Illness)
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Covid-19)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Houston
- John Wall: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Eric Gordon: Out for the Season (Groin)
- Dennis Schroder: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Christian Wood: Out for the Season (Hamstring)