Through 3 Quarters
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one quarter away from solidifying a big victory for the organization. They currently hold a 77-72 lead over the Denver Nuggets.
Power forward Kevin Love (20 points) has been the top scorer for the Cavaliers.
Denver has been led by center Nikola Jokic, who so far has posted a double-double on 22 points and 18 boards. This makes it three consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least 13 rebounds.
Cleveland @ Denver
Current Records: Cleveland 1-2; Denver 2-0
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Denver Nuggets at 9 p.m. ET on Monday at Ball Arena. Cleveland isn’t expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn’t stop them last game, maybe the team has another upset up their sleeve.
The Cavaliers didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Atlanta Hawks this past Saturday, but they still walked away with a 101-95 victory. Cleveland can attribute much of their success to point guard Ricky Rubio, who had 23 points and eight assists along with six boards, and center Evan Mobley, who dropped a double-double on 17 points and 11 rebounds in addition to four blocks.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Denver beat the San Antonio Spurs 102-96 this past Friday. Among those leading the charge for Denver was center Nikola Jokic, who posted a double-double on 32 points and 16 rebounds along with seven dimes.
Their wins bumped Cleveland to 1-2 and the Nuggets to 2-0. We’ll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when the Cavaliers and Denver clash.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.90
The Nuggets are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 10.5-point favorite.
Denver and Cleveland both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Feb 19, 2021 – Denver 120 vs. Cleveland 103
- Feb 10, 2021 – Denver 133 vs. Cleveland 95
- Mar 07, 2020 – Cleveland 104 vs. Denver 102
- Jan 11, 2020 – Cleveland 111 vs. Denver 103
- Jan 19, 2019 – Denver 124 vs. Cleveland 102
- Nov 01, 2018 – Denver 110 vs. Cleveland 91
- Mar 07, 2018 – Cleveland 113 vs. Denver 108
- Mar 03, 2018 – Denver 126 vs. Cleveland 117
- Mar 22, 2017 – Denver 126 vs. Cleveland 113
- Feb 11, 2017 – Cleveland 125 vs. Denver 109
- Mar 21, 2016 – Cleveland 124 vs. Denver 91
- Dec 29, 2015 – Cleveland 93 vs. Denver 87
Injury Report for Denver
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Hip)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Dylan Windler: Game-Time Decision (Hip)