Through 3 Quarters
The Indiana Pacers were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the New Orleans Pelicans as the Pacers lead 96-64.
Indiana has been led by power forward Domantas Sabonis, who so far has posted a double-double on 20 points and ten rebounds in addition to six dimes. Center Jonas Valanciunas has led the way so far for New Orleans, as he has dropped a double-double on 19 points and 13 boards.
Indiana’s lead is the biggest they have had this year going into the fourth quarter.
New Orleans @ Indiana
Current Records: New Orleans 3-14; Indiana 6-11
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Indiana Pacers are heading back home. They and the New Orleans Pelicans will face off at 7 p.m. ET Nov. 20 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Indiana and New Orleans are even-steven over their past 12 head-to-heads (6-6).
It was close but no cigar for the Pacers as they fell 121-118 to the Charlotte Hornets on Friday. The loss was just more heartbreak for Indiana, who fell 123-122 when the teams previously met in October. A silver lining for them was the play of shooting guard Jeremy Lamb, who had 23 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, New Orleans strolled past the Los Angeles Clippers with points to spare on Friday, taking the game 94-81. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 29-16 deficit. New Orleans’ center Jonas Valanciunas did his thing and shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 26 points and 13 boards.
The Pacers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 3-6 against the spread when favored.
Indiana is now 6-11 while the Pelicans sit at 3-14. New Orleans is 0-2 after wins this season, and Indiana is 4-6 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.91
The Pacers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Indiana and New Orleans both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Feb 05, 2021 – New Orleans 114 vs. Indiana 113
- Jan 04, 2021 – Indiana 118 vs. New Orleans 116
- Feb 08, 2020 – New Orleans 124 vs. Indiana 117
- Dec 28, 2019 – New Orleans 120 vs. Indiana 98
- Feb 22, 2019 – Indiana 126 vs. New Orleans 111
- Feb 04, 2019 – Indiana 109 vs. New Orleans 107
- Mar 21, 2018 – New Orleans 96 vs. Indiana 92
- Nov 07, 2017 – New Orleans 117 vs. Indiana 112
- Jan 16, 2017 – Indiana 98 vs. New Orleans 95
- Dec 15, 2016 – New Orleans 102 vs. Indiana 95
- Mar 24, 2016 – Indiana 92 vs. New Orleans 84
- Jan 08, 2016 – Indiana 91 vs. New Orleans 86
Injury Report for Indiana
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Devonte’ Graham: Out (Foot)
- Daulton Hommes: Out (Leg)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)