Through 2 Quarters
Although the New Orleans Pelicans were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. They are way out in front at halftime with a 65-44 lead over the Memphis Grizzlies.
New Orleans has enjoyed the tag-team combination of center Jonas Valanciunas and shooting guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker. The former has nine points along with seven boards, while the latter has 12 points in addition to two rebounds. A double-double would be Valanciunas’ 12th in a row.
Memphis hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to ten points or fewer.
This is the first time the Pelicans have been ahead going into the third quarter in the past six games.
Memphis @ New Orleans
Current Records: Memphis 6-6; New Orleans 1-12
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They and the New Orleans Pelicans will face off at 7 p.m. ET Nov. 13 at Smoothie King Center without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Grizzlies and New Orleans are even-steven over their past 22 head-to-heads (11-11).
Things couldn’t have gone much worse for Memphis as they lost 119-94 to the Phoenix Suns on Friday. Memphis was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 62-43. Memphis’ defeat came about despite a quality game from point guard Ja Morant, who dropped a double-double on 26 points and 12 rebounds in addition to six dimes.
Meanwhile, New Orleans came up short against the Brooklyn Nets on Friday, falling 120-112. The losing side was boosted by center Jonas Valanciunas, who posted a double-double on 20 points and 12 boards. That makes it 11 consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least 11 rebounds.
Memphis is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The Grizzlies are now 6-6 while the Pelicans sit at 1-12. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Memphis has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.90% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. New Orleans has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.80% from the floor on average, which is the third highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The good news? The teams might be seeing more of their shots fall.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 2-point favorite.
New Orleans and Memphis both have 11 wins in their last 22 games.
- May 10, 2021 – Memphis 115 vs. New Orleans 110
- Feb 16, 2021 – New Orleans 144 vs. Memphis 113
- Feb 06, 2021 – New Orleans 118 vs. Memphis 109
- Aug 03, 2020 – New Orleans 109 vs. Memphis 99
- Jan 31, 2020 – New Orleans 139 vs. Memphis 111
- Jan 20, 2020 – New Orleans 126 vs. Memphis 116
- Feb 09, 2019 – Memphis 99 vs. New Orleans 90
- Jan 21, 2019 – New Orleans 105 vs. Memphis 85
- Jan 07, 2019 – New Orleans 114 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 07, 2018 – Memphis 107 vs. New Orleans 103
- Apr 04, 2018 – New Orleans 123 vs. Memphis 95
- Jan 20, 2018 – New Orleans 111 vs. Memphis 104
- Jan 10, 2018 – Memphis 105 vs. New Orleans 102
- Oct 18, 2017 – Memphis 103 vs. New Orleans 91
- Mar 21, 2017 – New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 82
- Feb 15, 2017 – New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 91
- Dec 05, 2016 – Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 108
- Nov 02, 2016 – Memphis 89 vs. New Orleans 83
- Mar 11, 2016 – Memphis 121 vs. New Orleans 114
- Feb 01, 2016 – Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 95
- Jan 18, 2016 – Memphis 101 vs. New Orleans 99
- Dec 01, 2015 – Memphis 113 vs. New Orleans 104
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Daulton Hommes: Out (Leg)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Killian Tillie: Out (Back)