Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Philadelphia 76ers have now snagged the lead. They currently hold an 86-82 lead over the Detroit Pistons.
Small forward Jerami Grant has led the way so far for Detroit, as he has 22 points and four assists.
Despite being behind, this is tied with the most points Detroit has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Philadelphia @ Detroit
Current Records: Philadelphia 6-2; Detroit 1-6
What to Know
The Philadelphia 76ers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Detroit Pistons at 7 p.m. ET Thursday at Little Caesars Arena. Philadelphia should still be feeling good after a victory, while Detroit will be looking to right the ship.
The 76ers didn’t have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 103-98 win. Philadelphia’s shooting guard Seth Curry filled up the stat sheet, picking up 22 points in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, Detroit suffered a grim 117-89 defeat to the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday. Detroit was down 90-62 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. A silver lining for them was the play of small forward Jerami Grant, who had 21 points. Grant had some trouble finding his footing against the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday, so this was a step in the right direction.
The 76ers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (4-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Philadelphia is now 6-2 while the Pistons sit at 1-6. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Philadelphia comes into the contest boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 49.30%. On the other end of the spectrum, Detroit has only been able to knock down 39.40% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. We’ll see if Philadelphia’s 9.90% advantage translates to a win.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports Detroit Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.00
The 76ers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the 76ers slightly, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won 14 out of their last 22 games against Detroit.
- Oct 28, 2021 – Philadelphia 110 vs. Detroit 102
- May 08, 2021 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Detroit 104
- Jan 25, 2021 – Detroit 119 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Jan 23, 2021 – Philadelphia 114 vs. Detroit 110
- Mar 11, 2020 – Philadelphia 124 vs. Detroit 106
- Dec 23, 2019 – Philadelphia 125 vs. Detroit 109
- Oct 26, 2019 – Philadelphia 117 vs. Detroit 111
- Dec 10, 2018 – Philadelphia 116 vs. Detroit 102
- Dec 07, 2018 – Philadelphia 117 vs. Detroit 111
- Nov 03, 2018 – Philadelphia 109 vs. Detroit 99
- Oct 23, 2018 – Detroit 133 vs. Philadelphia 132
- Apr 04, 2018 – Philadelphia 115 vs. Detroit 108
- Jan 05, 2018 – Philadelphia 114 vs. Detroit 78
- Dec 02, 2017 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Detroit 103
- Oct 23, 2017 – Philadelphia 97 vs. Detroit 86
- Mar 04, 2017 – Detroit 136 vs. Philadelphia 106
- Feb 06, 2017 – Detroit 113 vs. Philadelphia 96
- Dec 11, 2016 – Philadelphia 97 vs. Detroit 79
- Mar 12, 2016 – Detroit 125 vs. Philadelphia 111
- Feb 24, 2016 – Detroit 111 vs. Philadelphia 91
- Jan 27, 2016 – Detroit 110 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Dec 11, 2015 – Detroit 107 vs. Philadelphia 95
Injury Report for Detroit
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Joel Embiid: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Furkan Korkmaz: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Danny Green: Out (Hamstring)
- Isaiah Joe: Out (Covid-19)
- Tobias Harris: Out (Covid-19)
- Grant Riller: Out (Knee)