Los Angeles @ Detroit
Current Records: Los Angeles 8-9; Detroit 4-11
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers’ road trip will continue as they head to Little Caesars Arena at 6 p.m. ET Sunday to face off against the Detroit Pistons. If the matchup is anything like Los Angeles’ 135-129 victory from their previous meeting in February, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Lakers found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 130-108 punch to the gut against the Boston Celtics this past Friday. This contest was a close 61-60 at the break, but unfortunately for Los Angeles it sure didn’t stay that way. Power forward Anthony Davis put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 31 points in addition to six rebounds and three blocks.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Detroit as they fell 105-102 to the Golden State Warriors this past Friday. Small forward Saddiq Bey wasn’t much of a difference maker for Detroit; Bey played for 36 minutes but put up just seven points on 3-for-14 shooting.
Los Angeles is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 3-7 against the spread when favored.
The Lakers are now 8-9 while the Pistons sit at 4-11. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Los Angeles is stumbling into the game with the third most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 113.3 on average. Detroit has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 48.10% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $74.20
The Lakers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Detroit have won six out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Los Angeles 135 vs. Detroit 129
- Jan 28, 2021 – Detroit 107 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Jan 05, 2020 – Los Angeles 106 vs. Detroit 99
- Mar 15, 2019 – Detroit 111 vs. Los Angeles 97
- Jan 09, 2019 – Los Angeles 113 vs. Detroit 100
- Mar 26, 2018 – Detroit 112 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Oct 31, 2017 – Los Angeles 113 vs. Detroit 93
- Feb 08, 2017 – Detroit 121 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Jan 15, 2017 – Detroit 102 vs. Los Angeles 97
- Dec 06, 2015 – Detroit 111 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Nov 15, 2015 – Los Angeles 97 vs. Detroit 85