Through 1 Quarter
The Atlanta Hawks typically have all the answers at home, but the Phoenix Suns are posing a tough problem. After one quarter neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Suns lead 30-26.
Phoenix has enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Devin Booker and power forward Frank Kaminsky. The former has nine points in addition to three boards, while the latter has five points and two assists. Atlanta hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to seven points or fewer.
Atlanta @ Phoenix
Current Records: Atlanta 4-5; Phoenix 4-3
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns will stay at home another game and welcome the Atlanta Hawks at 10 p.m. ET Nov. 6 at Footprint Center. The Suns are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
While not quite a landslide, the contest between Phoenix and the Houston Rockets this past Thursday was still a pretty decisive one as Phoenix wrapped it up with a 123-111 win at home. Phoenix can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 27 points and five assists along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, Atlanta entered their game against the Utah Jazz this past Thursday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. Atlanta lost to Utah at home by a decisive 116-98 margin. A silver lining for the Hawks was the play of point guard Trae Young, who had 21 points and seven assists.
The Suns are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix took a serious blow against Atlanta when the two teams previously met in May, falling 135-103. Maybe Phoenix will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $27.00
The Suns are a 3.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 4.5-point favorite.
Atlanta have won seven out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- May 05, 2021 – Atlanta 135 vs. Phoenix 103
- Mar 30, 2021 – Phoenix 117 vs. Atlanta 110
- Jan 14, 2020 – Atlanta 123 vs. Phoenix 110
- Nov 14, 2019 – Phoenix 128 vs. Atlanta 112
- Feb 23, 2019 – Atlanta 120 vs. Phoenix 112
- Feb 02, 2019 – Atlanta 118 vs. Phoenix 112
- Mar 04, 2018 – Atlanta 113 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 02, 2018 – Phoenix 104 vs. Atlanta 103
- Mar 28, 2017 – Atlanta 95 vs. Phoenix 91
- Nov 30, 2016 – Phoenix 109 vs. Atlanta 107
- Apr 05, 2016 – Atlanta 103 vs. Phoenix 90
- Jan 23, 2016 – Phoenix 98 vs. Atlanta 95
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Lower Leg)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)