Detroit @ Phoenix
Current Records: Detroit 4-17; Phoenix 18-3
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Detroit Pistons at 9 p.m. ET Dec. 2 at Footprint Center. The Suns are out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
Phoenix bagged a 104-96 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday. Phoenix’s center Deandre Ayton was one of the most active players for the team, posting a double-double on 24 points and 11 boards.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Detroit and the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday was not particularly close, with the Pistons falling 110-92. Detroit was down 83-62 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Jerami Grant had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 35 minutes with 4-for-14 shooting and five turnovers.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 12.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix’s win lifted them to 18-3 while Detroit’s defeat dropped them down to 4-17. If Phoenix want to win Thursday, they will need to focus on stopping the Pistons’ shooting guard Cade Cunningham, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points and seven rebounds, and center Isaiah Stewart, who dropped a double-double on 15 points and 14 rebounds. We’ll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.67
The Suns are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Detroit have won ten out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Feb 05, 2021 – Phoenix 109 vs. Detroit 92
- Jan 08, 2021 – Detroit 110 vs. Phoenix 105
- Feb 28, 2020 – Detroit 113 vs. Phoenix 111
- Feb 05, 2020 – Detroit 116 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 21, 2019 – Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 98
- Nov 25, 2018 – Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 20, 2018 – Detroit 115 vs. Phoenix 88
- Nov 29, 2017 – Detroit 131 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 19, 2017 – Detroit 112 vs. Phoenix 95
- Nov 09, 2016 – Phoenix 107 vs. Detroit 100
- Dec 02, 2015 – Detroit 127 vs. Phoenix 122
- Nov 06, 2015 – Detroit 100 vs. Phoenix 92