Through 3 Quarters
The Philadelphia 76ers were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the Oklahoma City Thunder 87-78. Philadelphia has been relying on center Joel Embiid, who has 18 points and six assists in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks, and shooting guard Seth Curry, who has shot 6-for-9 from downtown and has recorded 23 points.
The 76ers and Oklahoma City have certainly played as if they’re avenging a defeat, because they are. At this point it looks like Philadelphia might take this one, but there’s still plenty of time for a reversal of fortune.
Philadelphia @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Philadelphia 1-1; Oklahoma City 0-2
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder haven’t won a contest against the Philadelphia 76ers since Nov. 15 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. They will face off against one another at 7 p.m. ET at Paycom Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Oklahoma City took a serious blow against the Houston Rockets this past Friday, falling 124-91. The Thunder were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 69-47. One thing holding Oklahoma City back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who did not have his best game: he played for 26 minutes with and five turnovers.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Friday as they fell 114-109 to the Brooklyn Nets. A silver lining for Philadelphia was the play of shooting guard Seth Curry, who had 23 points.
Oklahoma City is expected to lose this next one by 8. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the team is 0-2 ATS when expected to lose.
The Thunder were pulverized by the 76ers 121-90 when the two teams previously met in April. Maybe Oklahoma City will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The 76ers are a big 8-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 76ers as an 8.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won eight out of their last 12 games against Philadelphia.
- Apr 26, 2021 – Philadelphia 121 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Apr 10, 2021 – Philadelphia 117 vs. Oklahoma City 93
- Jan 06, 2020 – Philadelphia 120 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Nov 15, 2019 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. Philadelphia 119
- Feb 28, 2019 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Oklahoma City 104
- Jan 19, 2019 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Philadelphia 115
- Jan 28, 2018 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Philadelphia 112
- Dec 15, 2017 – Oklahoma City 119 vs. Philadelphia 117
- Mar 22, 2017 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Oct 26, 2016 – Oklahoma City 103 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Mar 18, 2016 – Oklahoma City 111 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Nov 13, 2015 – Oklahoma City 102 vs. Philadelphia 85
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Joel Embiid: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Andre Drummond: Out (Ankle)
- Shake Milton: Out (Ankle)
- Grant Riller: Out (Knee)