Through 1 Quarter
The Miami Heat typically have all the answers at home, but the Oklahoma City Thunder are posing a tough problem. The Thunder currently hold a 24-23 lead.
Small forward Luguentz Dort has taken over for Oklahoma City, currently boasting ten points (42% of their total) along with two rebounds.
This is the least points Miami has had yet this year going into the second quarter.
Miami @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Miami 8-5; Oklahoma City 5-7
What to Know
The Miami Heat are on the road again on Monday and play against the Oklahoma City Thunder at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 15 at Paycom Center. Miami will be strutting in after a victory while Oklahoma City will be stumbling in from a loss.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Heat beat the Utah Jazz 111-105 this past Saturday. Miami’s shooting guard Duncan Robinson filled up the stat sheet, shooting 6-for-11 from downtown and finishing with 22 points.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City suffered a grim 120-96 defeat to the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday. Power forward Darius Bazley had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only five points on 2-for-13 shooting in his 25 minutes on the court.
Miami is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
The Heat’s win brought them up to 8-5 while the Thunder’s defeat pulled them down to 5-7. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Miami is stumbling into the game with the second most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 21.5 on average. To make matters even worse for Miami, Oklahoma City ranks third in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17.2 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts Miami in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Heat are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Heat as a 9.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won seven out of their last 12 games against Miami.
- Feb 22, 2021 – Miami 108 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Jan 04, 2021 – Miami 118 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Aug 12, 2020 – Oklahoma City 116 vs. Miami 115
- Jan 17, 2020 – Miami 115 vs. Oklahoma City 108
- Mar 18, 2019 – Miami 116 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Feb 01, 2019 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Miami 102
- Apr 09, 2018 – Oklahoma City 115 vs. Miami 93
- Mar 23, 2018 – Oklahoma City 105 vs. Miami 99
- Dec 27, 2016 – Oklahoma City 106 vs. Miami 94
- Nov 07, 2016 – Oklahoma City 97 vs. Miami 85
- Jan 17, 2016 – Oklahoma City 99 vs. Miami 74
- Dec 03, 2015 – Miami 97 vs. Oklahoma City 95
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Darius Bazley: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Derrick Favors: Out (Rest)
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Ankle)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Knee)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Wrist)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)