Through 1 Quarter
The Minnesota Timberwolves are giving their home crowd exactly what it was hoping to see. They are way out in front after one quarter with a 34-22 lead over the San Antonio Spurs.
Minnesota has been relying on center Karl-Anthony Towns, who has 11 points and two assists in addition to three boards, and shooting guard Anthony Edwards, who has ten points and two assists along with four rebounds and one block. Small forward Lonnie Walker IV has done his best for San Antonio, currently boasting nine points (41% of their total) and two assists.
San Antonio @ Minnesota
Current Records: San Antonio 4-10; Minnesota 5-9
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves are getting right back to it as they host the San Antonio Spurs at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 18 at Target Center. The Timberwolves should still be riding high after a win, while San Antonio will be looking to right the ship.
Minnesota beat the Sacramento Kings 107-97 on Wednesday. The top scorer for Minnesota was shooting guard Anthony Edwards (26 points).
Meanwhile, San Antonio ended up a good deal behind the Los Angeles Clippers when they played on Tuesday, losing 106-92. Small forward Doug McDermott had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 28 minutes but putting up just seven points on 3-for-10 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Minnesota is expected to win a tight contest on Thursday. But bettors beware: they are only 2-4 against the spread when favored.
The Timberwolves’ victory brought them up to 5-9 while the Spurs’ loss pulled them down to 4-10. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Minnesota is worst in the league in fouls per game, with 22.9 on average. To make matters even worse for Minnesota, San Antonio comes into the contest boasting the second fewest fouls per game in the league at 17. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts Minnesota in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports North Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Timberwolves are a slight 2-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
San Antonio have won 14 out of their last 19 games against Minnesota.
- Feb 03, 2021 – San Antonio 111 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 10, 2021 – Minnesota 96 vs. San Antonio 88
- Jan 09, 2021 – San Antonio 125 vs. Minnesota 122
- Nov 27, 2019 – Minnesota 113 vs. San Antonio 101
- Nov 13, 2019 – Minnesota 129 vs. San Antonio 114
- Jan 18, 2019 – San Antonio 116 vs. Minnesota 113
- Dec 21, 2018 – San Antonio 124 vs. Minnesota 98
- Nov 28, 2018 – Minnesota 128 vs. San Antonio 89
- Oct 17, 2018 – San Antonio 112 vs. Minnesota 108
- Mar 17, 2018 – San Antonio 117 vs. Minnesota 101
- Nov 15, 2017 – Minnesota 98 vs. San Antonio 86
- Oct 18, 2017 – San Antonio 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Mar 21, 2017 – San Antonio 100 vs. Minnesota 93
- Mar 04, 2017 – San Antonio 97 vs. Minnesota 90
- Jan 17, 2017 – San Antonio 122 vs. Minnesota 114
- Dec 06, 2016 – San Antonio 105 vs. Minnesota 91
- Mar 08, 2016 – San Antonio 116 vs. Minnesota 91
- Dec 28, 2015 – San Antonio 101 vs. Minnesota 95
- Dec 23, 2015 – San Antonio 108 vs. Minnesota 83
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Josh Okogie: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Naz Reid: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Jock Landale: Out (Covid-19)
- Zach Collins: Out (Foot)