Golden State @ Minnesota
Current Records: Golden State 31-11; Minnesota 20-22
What to Know
After four games on the road, the Minnesota Timberwolves are heading back home. They will take on the Golden State Warriors at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday at Target Center after having had a few days off. Golden State should still be riding high after a win, while the Timberwolves will be looking to right the ship.
Minnesota came up short against the Memphis Grizzlies this past Thursday, falling 116-108. Despite their defeat, Minnesota got to see several of their players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. point guard D’Angelo Russell, who shot 6-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 29 points and six dimes, was the best among equals.
Meanwhile, you’re bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly how it played out for the Dubs this past Friday. They put a hurting on the Chicago Bulls on the road to the tune of 138-96. The game was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 78-47. Golden State’s power forward Jonathan Kuminga looked sharp as he had 25 points in addition to three blocks.
Minnesota is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Timberwolves against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
In the teams’ previous meeting last November, Minnesota lost to the Warriors on the road by a decisive 123-110 margin. Maybe Minnesota will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $67.00
The Timberwolves are a 4.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Golden State have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Minnesota.
- Nov 10, 2021 – Golden State 123 vs. Minnesota 110
- Apr 29, 2021 – Minnesota 126 vs. Golden State 114
- Jan 27, 2021 – Golden State 123 vs. Minnesota 111
- Jan 25, 2021 – Golden State 130 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 02, 2020 – Minnesota 99 vs. Golden State 84
- Dec 23, 2019 – Golden State 113 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 08, 2019 – Minnesota 125 vs. Golden State 119
- Mar 29, 2019 – Minnesota 131 vs. Golden State 130
- Mar 19, 2019 – Golden State 117 vs. Minnesota 107
- Dec 10, 2018 – Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 02, 2018 – Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 99
- Mar 11, 2018 – Minnesota 109 vs. Golden State 103
- Jan 25, 2018 – Golden State 126 vs. Minnesota 113
- Nov 08, 2017 – Golden State 125 vs. Minnesota 101
- Apr 04, 2017 – Golden State 121 vs. Minnesota 107
- Mar 10, 2017 – Minnesota 103 vs. Golden State 102
- Dec 11, 2016 – Golden State 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 26, 2016 – Golden State 115 vs. Minnesota 102
- Apr 05, 2016 – Minnesota 124 vs. Golden State 117
- Mar 21, 2016 – Golden State 109 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 12, 2015 – Golden State 129 vs. Minnesota 116
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Leandro Bolmaro: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Jordan McLaughlin: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Stephen Curry: Out (Hand)
- Gary Payton II: Out (Back)
- Draymond Green: Out (Calf)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)