Through 2 Quarters
Down two at the end of last quarter, the Cleveland Cavaliers have now snagged the lead. It’s anybody’s game at halftime, but Cleveland is ahead of the New Orleans Pelicans 40-39.
The Cavaliers have been relying on center Jarrett Allen, who has ten points in addition to three rebounds, and shooting guard Lamar Stevens, who has six points and two assists. New Orleans has been led by center Jaxson Hayes, who so far has nine points along with four boards and three blocks.
New Orleans hasn’t been much of a second-half team this year, losing 80% of the time when they were down at the break.
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Current Records: New Orleans 18-31; Cleveland 30-20
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers haven’t won a contest against the New Orleans Pelicans since March 30 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Monday. Cleveland is getting right back to it as they host New Orleans at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 31 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. The Cavaliers are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
The point spread favored Cleveland on Sunday, but luck did not. They came up short against the Detroit Pistons, falling 115-105. Point guard Darius Garland put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-10 from downtown and finished with 24 points and seven dimes.
Meanwhile, New Orleans came up short against the Boston Celtics this past Saturday, falling 107-97. New Orleans’ defeat came about despite a quality game from point guard Jose Alvarado, who had 19 points.
It was close but no cigar for Cleveland as they fell 108-104 to the Pelicans in the teams’ previous meeting last month. Maybe the Cavaliers will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse — Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.67
The Cavaliers are a solid 7-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Cavaliers slightly, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 9.5-point favorite.
New Orleans have won ten out of their last 13 games against Cleveland.
- Dec 28, 2021 – New Orleans 108 vs. Cleveland 104
- Apr 11, 2021 – New Orleans 116 vs. Cleveland 109
- Mar 12, 2021 – New Orleans 116 vs. Cleveland 82
- Feb 28, 2020 – New Orleans 116 vs. Cleveland 104
- Jan 28, 2020 – New Orleans 125 vs. Cleveland 111
- Jan 09, 2019 – New Orleans 140 vs. Cleveland 124
- Jan 05, 2019 – New Orleans 133 vs. Cleveland 98
- Mar 30, 2018 – Cleveland 107 vs. New Orleans 102
- Oct 28, 2017 – New Orleans 123 vs. Cleveland 101
- Jan 23, 2017 – New Orleans 124 vs. Cleveland 122
- Jan 02, 2017 – Cleveland 90 vs. New Orleans 82
- Feb 06, 2016 – Cleveland 99 vs. New Orleans 84
- Dec 04, 2015 – New Orleans 114 vs. Cleveland 108
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Darius Garland: Out (Back)
- Lauri Markkanen: Out (Ankle)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Jonas Valanciunas: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Josh Hart: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Ankle)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)