Oklahoma City @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Oklahoma City 1-5; Los Angeles 1-4
What to Know
The Los Angeles Clippers will take on the Oklahoma City Thunder at 10:30 p.m. ET Monday at Staples Center after having had a few days off. Neither of these teams found much success offensively their last time out, scoring well below their season averages.
Los Angeles received a tough blow this past Friday as they fell 111-92 to the Portland Trail Blazers. One thing holding the Clippers back was the mediocre play of point guard Reggie Jackson, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-12 shooting in his 33 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City was expected to have a tough go of it this past Saturday, and, well, they did. They ended up on the wrong side of a painful 103-82 walloping at the Golden State Warriors’ hands. OKC was down 82-58 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (15 points) and shooting guard Luguentz Dort (14 points) were the top scorers for the Thunder.
The Clippers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 11-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Los Angeles against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The losses put Los Angeles at 1-4 and Oklahoma City at 1-5. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Los Angeles is stumbling into the matchup with the fifth most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 21.4 on average. To make matters even worse for the Clippers, the Thunder rank first in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 15.8 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts Los Angeles in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Clippers are a big 11-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11-point spread, and stayed right there.
Oklahoma City have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Los Angeles.
- May 16, 2021 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Jan 24, 2021 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Jan 22, 2021 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- Aug 14, 2020 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Mar 03, 2020 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Dec 22, 2019 – Oklahoma City 118 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Nov 18, 2019 – Los Angeles 90 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- Mar 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 118 vs. Oklahoma City 110
- Dec 15, 2018 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Oct 30, 2018 – Oklahoma City 128 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Oct 19, 2018 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Oklahoma City 92
- Mar 16, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Jan 04, 2018 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. Los Angeles 117
- Nov 10, 2017 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Jan 16, 2017 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Dec 31, 2016 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Nov 11, 2016 – Los Angeles 110 vs. Oklahoma City 108
- Nov 02, 2016 – Oklahoma City 85 vs. Los Angeles 83
- Mar 31, 2016 – Oklahoma City 119 vs. Los Angeles 117
- Mar 09, 2016 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Mar 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 103 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Dec 21, 2015 – Oklahoma City 100 vs. Los Angeles 99