Through 3 Quarters
Both the Memphis Grizzlies and the Cleveland Cavaliers have kept the scorekeepers busy with 184 between them three quarters in. The Grizzlies currently hold a 94-90 lead.
Ja Morant has led the way so far for the Grizz, as he has 26 points and five assists along with two blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is John Konchar’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Cleveland has been led by Jarrett Allen, who so far has 20 points in addition to four rebounds and two blocks.
Cleveland @ Memphis
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies and the Cleveland Cavaliers are opening their 2021-2022 seasons against one another at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday at FedExForum. Memphis is coming off of a 38-34 season with hopes of advancing further than the first round of the playoffs, where they were eliminated by the Utah Jazz 126-110 in game five. On the other hand, Cleveland missed the playoffs altogether last season and is looking forward to a clean start.
A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Grizzlies were the best in steals per game, finishing the 2020-2021 season with 9.1 on average. Less enviably, Cleveland had difficulties with turnovers as their opponents averaged 8.5 steals per game (the fourth most in the league). In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
Memphis is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7-point margin of victory. A victory is hardly a sure thing, especially this early in the season, so expect a good game.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a solid 7-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as an 8-point favorite.
Cleveland have won seven out of their last 12 games against Memphis.
- Jan 11, 2021 – Memphis 101 vs. Cleveland 91
- Jan 07, 2021 – Cleveland 94 vs. Memphis 90
- Jan 17, 2020 – Memphis 113 vs. Cleveland 109
- Dec 20, 2019 – Cleveland 114 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 23, 2019 – Cleveland 112 vs. Memphis 107
- Dec 26, 2018 – Memphis 95 vs. Cleveland 87
- Feb 23, 2018 – Cleveland 112 vs. Memphis 89
- Dec 02, 2017 – Cleveland 116 vs. Memphis 111
- Dec 14, 2016 – Memphis 93 vs. Cleveland 85
- Dec 13, 2016 – Cleveland 103 vs. Memphis 86
- Mar 07, 2016 – Memphis 106 vs. Cleveland 103
- Oct 28, 2015 – Cleveland 106 vs. Memphis 76
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Hand)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Dylan Windler: Out (Hip)
- Dean Wade: Out (Ankle)