Utah @ Miami
Current Records: Utah 7-1; Miami 6-2
What to Know
The Utah Jazz will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to FTX Arena at 7:30 p.m. ET Saturday. They will be strutting in after a victory while the Miami Heat will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Atlanta Hawks typically have all the answers at home, but on Thursday the Jazz proved too difficult a challenge. Utah had enough points to win and then some against the Hawks, taking their game 116-98. Utah’s point guard Jordan Clarkson was one of the most active players for the squad, picking up 30 points.
Meanwhile, Miami entered their contest against the Boston Celtics on Thursday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. The Heat took a hard 95-78 fall against Boston. Point guard Tyler Herro had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 29 minutes but putting up just six points on 3-for-11 shooting.
The Jazz are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. Those interested in the spread don’t face an easy decision since they are 6-2 ATS and Miami 6-2.
Utah is now 7-1 while Miami sits at 6-2. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: Utah have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 41.20%, which places them second in the league. But the Heat are even better: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.70%, which places them first in the league. We’ll see if that edge gives Miami a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FTX Arena — Miami, Florida
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Heat are a 3.5-point favorite against the Jazz, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Heat as a 2.5-point favorite.
Miami have won seven out of their last 12 games against Utah.
- Feb 26, 2021 – Miami 124 vs. Utah 116
- Feb 13, 2021 – Utah 112 vs. Miami 94
- Feb 12, 2020 – Utah 116 vs. Miami 101
- Dec 23, 2019 – Miami 107 vs. Utah 104
- Dec 12, 2018 – Utah 111 vs. Miami 84
- Dec 02, 2018 – Miami 102 vs. Utah 100
- Jan 07, 2018 – Miami 103 vs. Utah 102
- Nov 10, 2017 – Miami 84 vs. Utah 74
- Dec 01, 2016 – Miami 111 vs. Utah 110
- Nov 12, 2016 – Utah 102 vs. Miami 91
- Jan 09, 2016 – Utah 98 vs. Miami 83
- Nov 12, 2015 – Miami 92 vs. Utah 91