Through 3 Quarters
The Utah Jazz are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Orlando Magic as Utah lead 85-75.
The Jazz have been led by center Rudy Gobert, who so far has posted a double-double on 14 rebounds and 13 points along with four blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Donovan Mitchell’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Orlando has enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Cole Anthony and center Wendell Carter Jr.. The former has shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and has recorded 23 points and two blocks, while the latter has 18 points in addition to nine boards. Carter Jr. is close to surpassing his season high of 20. Carter Jr. has also picked up four fouls, though.
Utah @ Orlando
Current Records: Utah 7-2; Orlando 2-8
What to Know
The Orlando Magic are 3-9 against the Utah Jazz since November of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Sunday. Orlando will be playing at home against Utah at 6 p.m. ET. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
This past Friday, the Magic lost to the San Antonio Spurs at home by a decisive 102-89 margin. Point guard Jalen Suggs had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 12 points on 4-for-11 shooting and turning the ball over five times in his 27 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought game, but Utah had to settle for a 118-115 defeat against the Miami Heat this past Saturday. Shooting guard Donovan Mitchell put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 37 points and seven assists.
Orlando have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 11 point spread they are up against. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the team is 3-7 ATS when expected to lose.
Orlando is now 2-8 while the Jazz sit at 7-2. The Magic are 2-5 after losses this year, Utah 1-0.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.00
The Jazz are a big 11-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Jazz, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 9.5-point favorite.
Utah have won nine out of their last 12 games against Orlando.
- Apr 03, 2021 – Utah 137 vs. Orlando 91
- Feb 27, 2021 – Utah 124 vs. Orlando 109
- Jan 04, 2020 – Utah 109 vs. Orlando 96
- Dec 17, 2019 – Utah 109 vs. Orlando 102
- Jan 09, 2019 – Utah 106 vs. Orlando 93
- Dec 15, 2018 – Orlando 96 vs. Utah 89
- Mar 05, 2018 – Utah 94 vs. Orlando 80
- Nov 18, 2017 – Utah 125 vs. Orlando 85
- Jan 14, 2017 – Utah 114 vs. Orlando 107
- Nov 11, 2016 – Utah 87 vs. Orlando 74
- Dec 03, 2015 – Orlando 103 vs. Utah 94
- Nov 13, 2015 – Orlando 102 vs. Utah 93
Injury Report for Orlando
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
- Mike Conley: Out (Rest)
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Illness)
- Rudy Gay: Out (Heel)