Through 3 Quarters
The New York Knicks were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Orlando Magic as New York lead 89-67. This game looks like it will end up very different from the tight one-point margin of the Knicks’ win over Orlando in their previous head-to-head March.
New York has yet to string together two consecutive wins, but this may be their chance. For now, all signs point to yes.
New York @ Orlando
Current Records: New York 1-0; Orlando 0-1
What to Know
The New York Knicks will take on the Orlando Magic at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Amway Center. New York won’t have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 7.5-point advantage in the spread.
It may have taken double overtime to finish the job, but the Knicks ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Wednesday with a 138-134 victory over the Boston Celtics. Kudos to the oddsmakers for accurately forecasting both the winner and the close margin. Evan Fournier gave his former team something to remember him by as he shot 6-for-13 from downtown and finished with 32 points and six boards for New York.
Meanwhile, Orlando has to be aching after a bruising 123-97 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday. Orlando was down 94-71 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Cole Anthony wasn’t much of a difference maker for Orlando; Anthony finished with ten points on 3-for-12 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
The Knicks got away with a 94-93 win when the two teams previously met in March. The rematch might be a little tougher for them since the squad won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $27.00
The Knicks are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 6.5-point favorite.
Orlando have won 11 out of their last 20 games against New York.
- Mar 18, 2021 – New York 94 vs. Orlando 93
- Feb 17, 2021 – Orlando 107 vs. New York 89
- Jan 18, 2021 – New York 91 vs. Orlando 84
- Feb 06, 2020 – New York 105 vs. Orlando 103
- Oct 30, 2019 – Orlando 95 vs. New York 83
- Apr 03, 2019 – Orlando 114 vs. New York 100
- Feb 26, 2019 – New York 108 vs. Orlando 103
- Nov 18, 2018 – Orlando 131 vs. New York 117
- Nov 11, 2018 – Orlando 115 vs. New York 89
- Apr 03, 2018 – Orlando 97 vs. New York 73
- Feb 22, 2018 – New York 120 vs. Orlando 113
- Dec 03, 2017 – Orlando 105 vs. New York 100
- Nov 08, 2017 – Orlando 112 vs. New York 99
- Mar 06, 2017 – New York 113 vs. Orlando 105
- Mar 01, 2017 – New York 101 vs. Orlando 90
- Jan 02, 2017 – Orlando 115 vs. New York 103
- Dec 22, 2016 – New York 106 vs. Orlando 95
- Feb 26, 2016 – New York 108 vs. Orlando 95
- Dec 21, 2015 – Orlando 107 vs. New York 99
- Nov 25, 2015 – Orlando 100 vs. New York 91
Injury Report for Orlando
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Gary Harris: Out (Hamstring)
- Chuma Okeke: Out (Hip)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for New York
- Taj Gibson: Out (Personal)
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Knee)