Through 2 Quarters
The Orlando Magic were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They are in control with a 67-52 lead over the Detroit Pistons.
The Magic have been led by small forward Franz Wagner, who so far has 17 points along with two rebounds. Detroit has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Rodney McGruder, who has ten points and four assists in addition to two boards.
This is tied with the most points Orlando has had yet this season going into the third quarter.
Detroit @ Orlando
Current Records: Detroit 11-36; Orlando 9-40
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons will take on the Orlando Magic at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Amway Center after having had a few days off. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
Detroit was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 110-105 to the Denver Nuggets. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Cade Cunningham, who shot 6-for-9 from downtown and finished with 34 points, eight assists and eight boards.
Meanwhile, Orlando came up short against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday, falling 111-102. One thing holding the Magic back was the mediocre play of power forward Wendell Carter Jr., who did not have his best game: he finished with 11 points on 4-for-10 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
The Pistons are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Detroit is now 11-36 while Orlando sits at 9-40. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Detroit has only been able to knock down 42.10% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Magic have experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 42.90% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. It could be a slow night.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Detroit Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Magic are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Magic as a 2.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Orlando.
- Jan 08, 2022 – Detroit 97 vs. Orlando 92
- Oct 30, 2021 – Detroit 110 vs. Orlando 103
- May 03, 2021 – Orlando 119 vs. Detroit 112
- Feb 23, 2021 – Detroit 105 vs. Orlando 93
- Feb 21, 2021 – Orlando 105 vs. Detroit 96
- Feb 12, 2020 – Orlando 116 vs. Detroit 112
- Nov 25, 2019 – Detroit 103 vs. Orlando 88
- Mar 28, 2019 – Detroit 115 vs. Orlando 98
- Jan 16, 2019 – Detroit 120 vs. Orlando 115
- Dec 30, 2018 – Orlando 109 vs. Detroit 107
- Nov 07, 2018 – Detroit 103 vs. Orlando 96
- Mar 02, 2018 – Orlando 115 vs. Detroit 106
- Dec 28, 2017 – Orlando 102 vs. Detroit 89
- Dec 17, 2017 – Detroit 114 vs. Orlando 110
- Apr 12, 2017 – Orlando 113 vs. Detroit 109
- Mar 24, 2017 – Orlando 115 vs. Detroit 87
- Dec 04, 2016 – Orlando 98 vs. Detroit 92
- Oct 28, 2016 – Detroit 108 vs. Orlando 82
- Apr 06, 2016 – Detroit 108 vs. Orlando 104
- Mar 23, 2016 – Detroit 118 vs. Orlando 102
- Jan 04, 2016 – Detroit 115 vs. Orlando 89
Injury Report for Orlando
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- R.J. Hampton: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Covid-19)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)