Through 3 Quarters
Both the Washington Wizards and the Indiana Pacers have kept the scorekeepers busy with 202 between them three quarters in. It’s looking more and more like Washington’s high-powered offense is just too much for Indiana as the Wizards lead 106-96.
Washington has been relying on point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, who has 23 points and six assists in addition to four rebounds, and point guard Raul Neto, who has 18 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Daniel Gafford’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Indiana has been led by center Myles Turner, who so far has 30 points along with five boards and two blocks.
Indiana @ Washington
Current Records: Indiana 0-1; Washington 1-0
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers haven’t won a matchup against the Washington Wizards since Aug. 3 of last year, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Friday. The Pacers will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to Capital One Arena at 7 p.m. ET. The contest is expected to be a close one, with Indiana going off at just a 1.5-point favorite.
Indiana was just a bucket shy of a win on Wednesday and fell 123-122 to the Charlotte Hornets. Indiana was up 75-59 at the end of the half but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Despite the defeat, they had strong showings from Malcolm Brogdon, who dropped a double-double on 28 points and 11 dimes, and Domantas Sabonis, who posted a double-double on 33 points and 15 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Washington strolled past the Toronto Raptors with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the game 98-83. Among those leading the charge for Washington was Montrezl Harrell, who had 22 points in addition to nine boards.
The Pacers suffered a grim 142-115 defeat to the Wizards when the two teams previously met in May. The loss knocked Indiana out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at Washington with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.14
The Pacers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Wizards as a 1.5-point favorite.
Washington have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Indiana.
- May 20, 2021 – Washington 142 vs. Indiana 115
- May 08, 2021 – Washington 133 vs. Indiana 132
- May 03, 2021 – Washington 154 vs. Indiana 141
- Mar 29, 2021 – Washington 132 vs. Indiana 124
- Aug 03, 2020 – Indiana 111 vs. Washington 100
- Nov 06, 2019 – Indiana 121 vs. Washington 106
- Feb 23, 2019 – Indiana 119 vs. Washington 112
- Jan 30, 2019 – Washington 107 vs. Indiana 89
- Dec 23, 2018 – Indiana 105 vs. Washington 89
- Dec 10, 2018 – Indiana 109 vs. Washington 101
- Mar 17, 2018 – Washington 109 vs. Indiana 102
- Mar 04, 2018 – Indiana 98 vs. Washington 95
- Feb 05, 2018 – Washington 111 vs. Indiana 102
- Feb 16, 2017 – Washington 111 vs. Indiana 98
- Feb 10, 2017 – Washington 112 vs. Indiana 107
- Dec 28, 2016 – Washington 111 vs. Indiana 105
- Dec 19, 2016 – Indiana 107 vs. Washington 105
- Mar 05, 2016 – Indiana 100 vs. Washington 99
- Jan 15, 2016 – Washington 118 vs. Indiana 104
- Nov 24, 2015 – Indiana 123 vs. Washington 106
Injury Report for Washington
- Anthony Gill: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Bradley Beal: Out (Groin)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Cassius Winston: Out (Hamstring)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Justin Holiday: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jeremy Lamb: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Torrey Craig: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Kelan Martin: Out (Hamstring)
- Caris LeVert: Out (Back)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)