Saturday, October 16 2021

Real Madrid on Thursday increased their offer for Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe to 180 million euros, sports daily L’Equipe claimed.

Real are willing to pay 170 million euros plus a 10 million euro bonus package, said the report.

That would match what PSG shelled out to Monaco to buy French World Cup winner Mbappe in 2017.

Earlier this week, Real’s first bid for the 22-year-old was rejected as “not enough” by PSG’s sporting director Leonardo.

“On Kylian, our position has not changed. Everyone knows it, he knows it. Our position is very clear and very honest,” said PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi earlier Thursday on the sidelines of the Champions League draw in Istanbul.

Mbappe’s current deal with PSG expires next June.

Leonardo said Real’s initial offer was “disrespectful, incorrect and illegal”.

But he added: “If a player wants to leave, he will leave. The club, the project, remain above everyone. We have done everything to convince him to stay.”

After the arrival of Lionel Messi in Paris earlier this month, Al-Khelaifi said Mbappe “has no reason to do anything else” but stay.

mgi/bpa/dj

Source: Yahoo Sports

Previous

Allen Iverson: When I stepped on the court, I felt in my heart I was the best player on the floor I Club Shay Shay

Next

Luis Robert belts two-run homer to help White Sox defeat Blue Jays, 10-7

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Pro Sports Media

Trending Now

Warriors’ Jonathan Kuminga to miss preseason finale with injury

Jonathan Kuminga will not play in the Golden State Warriors‘ preseason finale on Friday versus the Portland Trail Blazers due to a right patellar tendon strain. Kuminga suffered the injury on Oct. 6 in the fourth quarter against the Denver Nuggets. The exact play when it occurred is not known but he left the game […]

Read More

Giants hurt by odd MLB rule in controversial NLDS loss vs. Dodgers

Odd MLB rule played role in Giants’ controversial NLDS loss originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea Perhaps it was fitting how the Giants’ season ended, done in by a controversial check-swing call in Game 5 of the National League Division Series after their power-packed offense went missing against the Los Angeles Dodgers. After all, the […]

Read More

Saudi-owned Newcastle begin bold bid for ‘superpower’ status

A new era beckons for Newcastle on Sunday when a packed St James’ Park will witness the Magpies’ first match since a takeover led by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund took control of the club. Amanda Staveley, one of Newcastle’s new directors, says the consortium’s ambition is to turn the struggling club into Premier League […]

Read More